The gallery queue
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 0

The gallery queue
Posted on Thu May 25, 2006 9:39 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

There is a whole slew of really cool tops that have been submited to the gallery, but I'd really like to get other opinions before I do anything with them. Most of the pics and descriptions are good, but there are a few that might be a little risque and could posibly violate our content policy. There are also a few with no information about the tops as well because the submitter took pics of models wearing someone elses work at a fashion show, so I'm assuming he doesn't have the information to include with the pics. There are also quite a few pics of the same top, just with different models and from different angles.

Input on how to handle them pretty please?

Submissions: 93

Posted on Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 pm

In my opinion, if you can't clearly see something in a picture, anyone who sees it there is putting it there themselves, and that's not our problem...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon May 29, 2006 7:37 pm

I don't find the pictures at all risque. As for the photos without descriptions, the guy should be contacted. The rule is that all pieces need full descriptions and large, clear photos. If he's taking photos of someone else's work, perhaps he should at least list the artist that made them.

Posted on Mon May 29, 2006 10:19 pm

Yes dear, I know the rules. My point is that he may not know any of the stats, since he didn't make the tops, so in that case should they be approved like we do when someone doesn't know the ID of a ring because they wrapped their wire around some random rod they found in a cd player, or what?

I all ready took care of it though. My main concern was really the pic of the thong.

Submissions: 266

Posted on Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 am

A few of those pics are a little risque. It's my personal opinion that the one with the thong be removed. But that's just me.

These pics:
http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/pics/23062atog0003.jpg
http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/pics/23060atog0001.jpg
are questionable too. They're a little too "suggestive" if you know what I mean. Like the purpose of the picture is not to show off chainmail.. But who am I to say?

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Posted on Tue May 30, 2006 3:04 am

On the thong I ended up going with what Blaise said: if you can't actually see anything...

I don't really find those two pics any more suggestive than the other ones, besides the fact that there are two girls in them. To tell the truth I thought those pics were really quite tasteful, and my attention was actually drawn to the maille first, but that may just be because I always have maille on the brain. Wink There are some other pics of clothing in the gallery from way back that are a lot more suggestive and revealing than these pics which were done professionaly, so I think if ultimately we decide to remove these new ones from the gallery we should remove the old ones as well. Just my opinion though.

Submissions: 77

Posted on Tue May 30, 2006 3:51 am

yeah, I actually went over these a while, and (not to be interpreted the wrong way) made sure nothing was visible in any of them. I find them acceptable enough, but if higher powers disagree so be it.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Tue May 30, 2006 12:52 pm

You were "studying" them, right? Yeah, that's it, studying.....

Coif LoL

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 8

Posted on Tue May 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Those two photographs that David_Austin linked to look fine to me - and talk about great photography! I haven't done any studio work in so long it's ridiculous and I've never done portraiture that well. Photographing someone with a pale complexion against a white background and keeping good definition in a B&W photograph? That?s hard! And the maille looks good and has good definition too.

Two girls a problem? If it?s fine with them, it?s fine with me? And these pix are tame compared to what some advertisers have on TV. Not that that should ever be our standard!

My humble opinion. Your mileage may vary...

"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: The (New) Eclectic Dragonfly. Some of my stuff at CafePress!

Submissions: 266

Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:14 am

Now that I've thought about it, the pictures are not bad. I was just a little concerned that some people might take offense to them. But since they are still PG-13, they do seem acceptable.

And yes, that is great photography.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1