How does this sound?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:50 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Eep... suddenly it makes sense! I'm a little rusty on my southern. Wink But, in that case... I agree completely! Take the idea and run with it! Or just plain run. Very Happy I'm sure either way, it'll be interesting.

~~Kitsta~~

Go, Lemmings, Go!

There they go! I must hurry after, for I am their leader.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusions is called a philosopher. --Ambrose Bierce

Submissions: 13

Posted on Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:37 am

so what is the status? Who is taking submissions? wont be up to it for awhile yet, but i would like to eventually submit something for this and the quilt, if that's still on. For this i think anything for the length, as long as it can end with 16swg 5/16" each end, maybe link them all together with 2 rings through the same hole, the way byzantine is connected. so as long as each end is easily connected, any weave, metal, ring size should be ok. Or should there be strength requirements, say, it should be able to support at least half again it's own weight? sounds like this project is having a lot of trouble settling on a standard. sounds pretty cool though.

Submissions: 62

Posted on Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:46 am

ok any chain but stay close to 5/16inch ID
illl volenteer to connect it if u all wanna send it to my house in sunny california

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 13

how does this sound?
Posted on Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:04 am

I'd love to get in on this. Deffinetly byzantine, 5/16 16ga. easy and quick. It makes a real purdy chain too. So, whos gonna make the final decision? or should we all just send pieces to anyone of the few who have volenteered, you know, like the one who is closest to you, and let them get up with each other? Just an idea.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:44 am

that pretty...loose....

mebe 14 guage 1/4''?

Posted on Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:09 pm

maybe we should make it HP3in1 bcuz 5/16 16 ga SWG gauge works well

lets go with that

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:04 pm

man, is do you guys not like tight chains or something?
14 guage 5/16" is great for hp 3-1...

Submissions: 0

worlds longest maille chain
Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:58 pm

Hey could i get in on this to, i think that it would be easiest to make it 14gauge 1/4 Fp

Submissions: 77

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:53 pm

Has anything been established yet? I think HP 3-1 would be good because the more ring efficient the weave is the better. HP 3-1 has 8 rings to the inch with 5/16 ID, byzantine or box would be 3 times that. So we could make it three times longer by sticking to hockeyweirdos ideas.

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:43 pm

hey this is all in the New Project and currently we are waiting for Guinness to approve us

Aubury
Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:56 pm

ahhh yes i c your posts

well now with Elis Persian COnvertion article even if you make Full Persian you can convert it to Hp3in1

hey anyone else wanna tell me why you're disapproving of the project in general?

Submissions: 4

Posted on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:22 pm

I don't get it guys!!! why can't we all just agree on anything, literally??

it would be a much cooler chain if it has all different metals, weaves, and sizes!!!
~Mad

"the chickens sure are singing tonight"
"they sure are charlie, they suuuuure are..."
-sakredchao, A Discordian Fairy Tale

Posted on Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:11 pm

Here is a link to full persian.
http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=168

Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Posted on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:28 pm

There is a problem with the Guiness thing. Okay, there are 3000+ people on this forum say that only about a fourth or less people help with this chain. That's still about 750 people. Do you think that Guiness would want to put 750 names on the their pages?

750 names time 2 (for first and last name) is 1500 words not to mention the picture and the description. you know how much that would cost?

I'll help but we should each make about two feet each. that way less people will have to enter their chains and therefore less money to be spent on placing the record in the book.

If we each make two feet and there are 750 people (which I seriously doubt there will be) that is 1500 feet but if we get each person to make 7.04 feet of the same chain it would equal exactly one mile

Posted on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:36 pm

okay lets say we're on a much smaller scale of maillers. lets say we have just 100 people (this might just be what we'll have. If we are to make 1 mile of chain you know how long each individuals chain would have to be? there are 5,280 feet in one mile divide that buy 100, that is 528 feet for each mailler. I, personally, think that is obsurd.

This is just me talking about a truely extrodinarily long chain but hey we're not even sure on the weave or guage or ID. oh well

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4