"Permanent" Maille
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Do you have any sort of maille piece permanently attached to you (no clasps,cannot slide off)?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 34 ]
No
58%
 58%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 81

Submissions: 10

"Permanent" Maille
Posted on Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:37 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Do you have any sort of maille piece permanently attached to you (no clasps,cannot slide off)? If yes, then what? If no, why not?

Submissions: 93

Posted on Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:13 pm

No permies for me! I spend enough time in airport security checks as it is...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 62

Posted on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:45 pm

cant wear that stuf when i play hockey

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:14 am

I don't have a job at the moment and I'd hate to start getting sentimental about a bit of permanent maille that I'd made, only to discover my new workplace (when I finally find a job) insists on me taking it off.

I'll consider it again once I've found out if I'm likely to be able to wear it for any length of time.

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:01 am

i figure it's silly to have permanent maille. if you get injured, the EMTs will do their best to remove it, even if that means cutting through the rings with EMT shears. plus for me, the added burn/electrocution hazard is a bad idea

Submissions: 21

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:13 am

i dont because i tend to break things....like steel doorhandles (i didnt mean it to it just snapped when i turned it), plier heads (yet again i have no idea how), and other peoples fingers (card game involveing slapping dont ask and yes it was an accident). so i dont think even 14g has much chance holding up...and anything larger just gets bulky to me

Submissions: 73

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:21 am

Mmm...Egyptian Rat Screw is a fun game, especially when you have a 10" finger span.

Anyway, I don't have any permy maille, but I do have claspless bracelets. That's where neoprene comes in handy. Coif Smiley
I figure that the 'cool' factor of having a permy bracelet or necklaces isn't as big as the 'oh crap' factor of being in a situation where it needs to come off quick. I'm reminded of the old adage, 'don't wear loose clothing around farm machinery.'

-phong

Submissions: 21

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:42 am

yeah thats the game, i left the name out cause its not exactly all age appropriate lol

Submissions: 8

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 am

I don't because I haven't gotten around to it yet...as soon as I get the funds I plan to make a permanent titanium necklace. I'm contemplating making a permanent bracelet too but i'm not sure yet.

Siege

John Lennon once sang a song where he imagined a world with no religion at all, and how all the people would be living life in peace, which sounds like a pretty terrific philosophy to follow - but then again, John Lennon also sang a song about how he was an eggman and a walrus goo goo g'joob, so i'm not sure he was always 100 per cent reliable.

Submissions: 5

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:46 pm

well i did go to that party where i got a ring stapled to my toe lol nope none for me!

Submissions: 45

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:24 pm

No permanents here. Though I do wear a necklace (with a clasp) that I never take off -- yeah, it's not exactly the same thing, but close. Very Happy

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Submissions: 6

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:52 pm

YAY...i get to be the first yes. i have a hp 4-1 bracelet on my right wrist, out of 14 gauge 3/8 galvy rings, and a euro 4-1 on my left wrist, out of 18 gauge 3/16 stainless rings, which im slowly adding dags to as i get around to it. the euro one is 7 rows wide (or 4, with 3 connecting rows, whatever)...and if i get a job that requires me to take them off for some reason, they'll patiently wait on my headboard for me to put them back on. Oh oh oh, and im thinking of replacing the HP one with a bracer. except the bracer would be 2 sheets layed on top of each other, then sewed together on the ends and at points in the middle section, with enough space between the sew together points for me to slip bars of metal in. the whole focus would be weight Razz

latas

You are but a figment of your imagination in a poor attempt to amuse yourself.

"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. In fact, put those lungs down too. The organ bank is not a playground"

Chain armour + Bullets = Hot Knife + butter

Proud supporter of Ninja's!

Posted on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:58 pm || Last edited by H.M. Murdock on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

I have a E6-1 bracelet, one row, that is on permanently. It has a sort of clasp in case I ever want to take it off, but it's currently clamped shut very securely.
I'm working on an E4-1 for the other arm to replace the leather Fossil wristband that I usually wear.
I like permanent maille. A lot. Unfortunately, it sometimes comes back to bite me in speech and debate competitions. Not very good for the judge's attention when they suddenly catch a glint of aluminum inside your suit sleeve while you're making a speech about foreign policy. Tsk tsk.

"I have heard,
That guilty creatures sitting at a play
Have by the very cunning of the scene
Been struck so to the soul that presently
They have proclaimed their malefactions;
For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak
With most miraculous organ."
-Hamlet

Submissions: 4

Posted on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:44 pm

I've had an E4-1 permy Bright Aluminum bracelet since april. 16 gauge and 3/16 and only three rows(the least you can have while keeping it in E4-1 and flexible enough). It's not loose so it doesnt catch onto anything exept the occasional peice of clothing.

blackeagle13@gmail.com ~ AIM: IWeavemaille13
AudioScrobbler - http://www.last.fm/user/Blackeagle13/

Submissions: 2

Posted on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

I used to have a 4-1 bracelet, but my job won't let me wear hardly any jewelery....too much of a biohazard risk, besides, I don't want to have it melt off me in a fire. All I can have is a watch (can't have a cloth band), 1 necklace, and simple post earings. I even keep my engagement ring on my necklace when I'm at the fire station so I won't lose it. But it's ok, better than the alternative diseases or burns Cool

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 6. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next