NAME YOUR PRICE- in need of chain mail in a hurry!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

NAME YOUR PRICE- in need of chain mail in a hurry!
Posted on Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:51 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Howdy,
I need a section of chain mail for a research project. This is for a sponsored robotics project so the price is negotiable. I need a 6.5"x 24" strip as soon as possible. I'm contacting many people so whoever can get it to me the fastest may name their price. (This is a good way to make a chunk of quick cash if you just have a piece laying around.)
Thank you

Aubrey Shick
seven two four-493-8533
JustAubrey@gmail.com

Note: if we like it we'll be wanting a lot more! Smile

Submissions: 30

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:00 am

What weave, ring size, etc? I may be able to help.... in a hurry.

-Slash

Submissions: 16

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:15 pm

here's the reply i got from the message that i sent to her
Chad. Paypal works for me. I will need a quote on the sheets both of time and cost.
Do you weld your rings? I was interested in aluminium for the sake of weight ans durability, but titanium may work well also. Can you give me a quote on titanium and aluminum? The strips will need to be able to withstand 100 kilos of downward force. It appears that you do some nice tight work from the web link. At this point I think the ring id could be pretty big, as long as it won't bend the rings. I don't know that much about maille durability, so your recommendation would be better than my guess until we do testing.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Aubrey

i'm going to find out how this needs to be mounted and what sort of force the maille will be subjected to

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:39 pm

if it was me, i'd go the route of whitting-davis blasphemy... but i'm a mailler, not a robot scientist.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:17 pm

Are they making a medieval themed battle bot or something? Welded titanium? 100kgs downward force? Sounds interesting.

Siege

John Lennon once sang a song where he imagined a world with no religion at all, and how all the people would be living life in peace, which sounds like a pretty terrific philosophy to follow - but then again, John Lennon also sang a song about how he was an eggman and a walrus goo goo g'joob, so i'm not sure he was always 100 per cent reliable.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1