no
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Submissions: 79

BOD VOTE: commercial content in the trading forum
Posted on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:32 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

for lack of anything else to solve this. here's a vote.

if we decide to have commercial content in there we can decide how, if we decide not to, we can define lines.

but either way, i think it would be awesome if we could get the trading room up before '07.

if people want to veto this vote, go ahead. it's just that i would love to see some progress on this.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:54 am

is this the majority of our active admins?

if so, i'd say this passed.

what to we do? where do we go, from here?

-how- should commercial content be listed?

honestly, i'd like to see it all in a single thread, but i'm open to all other ideas.

kim

Submissions: 45

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:27 am

Do we have any idea what to expect? I mean, honestly, not just wild speculation.

One thread for commercial posts, as 'tidy' as it would be, would cause an awful lot of confusion if potential buyers start posting, and many cross-conversations start up in the same thread. Because of that, I would lean toward separate threads, and limiting commercial posts to 1 a month.

Also, I would recommend a naming scheme as on TRL. That is, all subjects start with a key word, all caps: COMMERCIAL, TRADING, SELLING, BUYING, whatever.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Posted on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:36 am

the trading room on trl is pretty tame, i don't expect chaos to erupt.. it's not like we're crossing streams here, egon... Rolling Eyes

yeah, at this point i'm pretty much good with whatever

at one point people were good with no rules, make them as we need them. let people know that we may add a whole list of rules if they convince us to through silly behavior.

kim

Submissions: 15

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:19 am

again, I think we should leave it up to the two room mods to make the final decision. Ultimately, they are the ones who will be monitoring the room and how much added work they want to include.

the major part of this has been decided by the vote. that is *Yes, there will be commercial advertisements allowed in the room*. (that meaning MAILLE related advertisments)

This whole thing has been bogged down way toom much In my opinion. now that we have the groundwork laid out, lets get to work.

Any update on the disclaimer/guildelines sticky?
I have only seen one volunteer mod check in. Is our second person still on board? If that person has decided they don't want to take on the task, I'll throw my hat into the arena for the second mod position.
Once we have a green light on the two mods (and both have checked in with a good to go remark), the sticky deiclaimer thread and the finer points of the commercial ads part, is the room ready to be activated? (I believe that was Blaises' area of expertise throwing the switch to open that room up?)

I'm ready to see this thing go go go. Very Happy

Rygar
http://home.roadrunner.com/~chainreaction

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

--Terry Pratchett

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:13 am

i'll second rygar for a mod.. we could say 3... dagorlad, deidre and rygar.

i say we get some boffers and let those 3 fight it out. i trust them all with having good judgement.

kim

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:23 am

I'll get the disclaimer and photo hosting tutorial done by Thursday, then I'm ready to rock.

I'll third Ryger.

When's the last time Dragorlad checked in? Seems like a while ago....

As a side note, I'm for commercial posting in individual threads, just like individual members would post. The thread title could follow a format like "COMMERCIAL: Blah blah blah" or "SALE AT MAILLE4U: Blah blah blah". All commercial posts in one thread seems chaotic and unnecessary.

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:39 am

sweetie, you know i like unnecessary chaos.

kim

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:18 am

Ok Egon.... Laughing

Hey, do trading room mods get their own proton pack?

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:31 am

no one gave you a proton pack? that's standard admin equipment.

i hope you have a trap.

kim

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm

I am so screwed.....

Submissions: 8

Posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Traps? Proton packs? Surprised And here I thought it was magic! I only know a handful of spells and not very powerful ones at that? Embaressed

Back on topic: I?m fine with whatever the two (or three?) moderators decide ? provided they?re consistent in applying their rules. I have to agree, though, that having all commercial posts in one thread would get too confusing to use real quick.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: The (New) Eclectic Dragonfly. Some of my stuff at CafePress!

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:15 am || Last edited by Former_Gallery_Admin on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ok, here's what I whipped up for our liability disclaimer, and added a few other things I hijacked from another site (with permission!) Please feel free to criticize, add to or whatever.

On the picture hosting tutorial...I'm more than willing to write that up too, I'm just wondering how necessary it is. Every hosting site has a tutorial for using their system, couldn't we just have a sticky thread listing the various picture hosting sites like photobucket and tinypicture, and a quick explanation that they need to host any photos off site and not in our gallery? Thoughts?

Specific Liability
Maille Artisans International League will in no way accept liability for any transaction completed or uncompleted in the Trading Forum. M.A.I.L. is neither a retailer nor a storefront for members to sell their goods. Instead, the Site acts as a venue to allow its members to offer, sell, and buy maille related materials, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of pricing formats, including a fixed price format. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. Consequently, we do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer.

Identity Verification
Because user verification on the Internet is difficult, M.A.I.L. cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity. We encourage you to communicate directly with potential trading partners through the tools available on the Site. You may also wish to consider using a third party escrow service or services that provide additional user verification.

Release
Because we are a forum, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release M.A.I.L. (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and volunteers) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.

Information Control
We do not control the information provided by other users that is made available in the Trading Forum. You may find other users' information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using the Site. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense. Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using this Site, you agree to accept such risks and M.A.I.L. is not responsible for the acts or omissions of users on the Site.

Buying
As a buyer, you are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller if you purchase an item in a reasonable amount of time. As a seller, you are obligated to sell and ship the item as described and per the terms you have arranged with the buyer.

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:31 am

beautiful.

should we inlude formatting in this same disclosure?

perhaps 2 posts in the same thread.. i mean, the part where we talk about :
FOR SALE: something maille related
COMMERCIAL: something maille related
WANTED: something maille related

kim

Submissions: 45

Posted on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Excellent! And it'll be absolutely perfect when you change the first paragraph "it's" to "its" Very Happy

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next