help removing topic & abuse of power
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 79

Posted on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 pm || Last edited by sakredchao on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

hey, glad to have you back!.. i sort of wonder if rygar can still post.

personally, i also interpret adding a trading forum here as being beneficial to the art and industry of maille. i had no qualms with the mission statement when it was written. i have no qualms with it now.

just being here increases awareness. i just read a post today about how someone had found the site while looking for beading stuff and was inspired by some of the weaves listed here, and decided to give it a shot.. and they seemed pretty happy and excited about it.

david austin made a brochure that explains the basic maille information. that increases awareness.

if 30% want no professional ads, and 30% want professional ads, then 60% -do- want a trading forum. it is the rules of the forum they don't agree on. and, as stated in the vote, it is the responsibility of the BOD to determine those rules.

we once had a 3 part vote. there were 2 slots for "yes" and 1 slot for "no". together the 2 "yes" slots had more votes than the "no" slot. everyone interpreted the vote differently and we had to hold the vote a second time.

if we're to go that route, i would rather just hold 2 votes. 1 for "yes/no" on the forum itself, and one for "yes/no" on the professional advertisements.. but, i think the BOD can hammer that second one out, if the membership vote passes.

also, if the membership decides to force a vote, it does not matter what our mission statement says, they can force the vote because of how the charter is worded. in fact, the membership can change the charter. the mission statement.. with enough support behind an idea, the membership can do whatever they want.

==========================
at midnight GMT, unless someone comes up with something different, (as i stated before) i will post a vote that looks like this..

MAIL APPROVAL VOTE (stickied)

Should MAIL add a trading room to the forum?

(O) Yes *if passed the BOD will be responisble for creating, instituting, and monitoring any rules associated with this room.*

(O) No *Nuff said, No room*

this topic has been discussed in the knitting circle, here
and in the admin forum, here
(appropriate links)

please familiarize yourself with the subject before casting your vote.

=====
i will run the vote for 11 days, as we have done in the past, to cover 2 weekends, and one week, for the benefit of people who only check bimonthly. this will be friday morning to monday morning (aiming for 12 midnight, so at midnight on monday the vote will be closed.)

i will make an announcement which reads:

MAIL APPROVAL VOTE

Should MAIL add a trading room to the forum?

familiarize yourself with the topic here and here.
vote here
============================

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:52 pm

Offtopic but related...

Did anyone run about deleting posts of mine in this thread in the last while? As memory serves, I'm missing at least one (and I know it got posted, because it was replied to), maybe more.

Posted on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:25 pm

i was curious about that myself. i figured you had done it, at the time. but i guess not.

i checked soon after tess replied to it, and it was missing. and, iirc, tess replied not too long after you posted it.

i'd say that you posting, tess replying and me checking all probably happened within a couple hours (maybe 4 or 5, max).

perhaps this is related to that glitchiness that was affecting your access..?

kim

Posted on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:24 pm

sakredchao wrote:
perhaps this is related to that glitchiness that was affecting your access..?

Pretty much right after I posted it is when my admin access died. I'd say, yeah, within 4 or 5 hours.

I do remember it being there soon afterwards.. but I think when I came back to the thread later that evening, I couldn't post. I don't remember my post being gone.. that I just noticed now. I could've sworn I checked the thread at least once when I was about to post, and remember re-reading it there.

No other posts, anywhere, by anyone, have I noticed going missing.

Leads me to believe even more strongly that this wasn't just a very coincidental glitch. Seems to me someone didn't like what I had to say there, deleted my post, killed my admin privaledges, and won't own up to it.

Submissions: 45

Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:37 pm

Hrm, strange stuff has happened before... Sad

Speaking of glitches... do we have to tally the certain % of the current active members for the trading room vote? The current member statistics are a bit... off (saying, for instance, that nearly all members have been active in the last 90 days, or something nearly impossible).
I can never remember when we do that...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:15 pm

Yeah, all users I thought, got activated sometime a few weeks ago.

My arguement last time was to run the poll for a certain length of time. That solves the "active membership" question. If they're active, in time, they'll act. If they don't act, they had a chance to, so, they must just not be active.

41 people have voted so far. I'd say that's pretty close to our active membership, who care enough to vote.

Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:11 pm

i ran it for 1 week and 2 weekends, i thought that would catch most of our active members... we've done this in the past and it's worked pretty well.

kim

Submissions: 77

Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Speaking of which I think it's time to end the weaves library vote and get that started.

Posted on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm

sounds good to me.

kim

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4