Tutorial Request - Romanov Unit
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Tutorial Request - Romanov Unit
Posted on Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have seen this unit in several pieces but to date I have been unable to find anything on how to make it. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on this?

Thank you

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:00 am

There's one a little further down on this post from TRL's forum. http://www.chainmailstore.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004719#000000

Submissions: 21

Posted on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:50 am

ooo im gonna have to try that

oxxxx]:::::::::::::::::>

Maille Code V1.0 T5.2 R4.3 Felf MAg.t Wghsmi Cwcabs G2.5/0.16 I12.7/0.32 Pj Dacdjs S02

Submissions: 10

Posted on Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:19 am

I think there's a more comprehensive tutorial-like post on the Creative Wire Jewelry forum on Delphi, which is where I became familiar with the Romanov weave, but it's being temperamental for me right now and I can't search for the post. The board's addy should be http://forums.delphiforums.com/wirejewelry . You can enter as a guest if you're not registered with Delphi, and either do an advanced search or check out the Tutorials folder.

The picture in the post that Mystery Man referred to shows the elements that make up the weave. For each Romanov unit, you need two Byzantine segments, a bead wired with eye loops on each end, and two rings. Connect the Byz segments with a ring at each end, with the bead eye loops connected to each ring in between the Byz segments.

If you can't find a tutorial that answers your questions, let me know. I may have time to work up an article at some point, if it's needed.

Theresa

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1