Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 0

Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
Posted on Tue May 28, 2019 5:31 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I spent quite a bit of time looking through articles and forum posts trying to track down some definitions. The basic problem I'm trying to solve is having a (ideally) single, easy-to-find article with definitions of weave tags. There are already many excellent resources on the site where the information exists, it's just a matter of making that information a little easier to track down.

There are a bunch of ways to potentially accomplish this. Here are some proposals.

Any of:

1. Update the excellent Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... to include definitions for the Mage and Mobius families.
2. Update Weave Tag Definitions to include family definitions.
3. Unify Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... and Weave Tag Definitions into one canonical Tag Definition page; alternately, only include one to be considered canonical in the Beginner article category.
4. Add Weave Families Article

I would be happy to draft up a Weave Families article if that seems like it would be useful. I just wanted to check in first and avoid further muddying the waters.

Additionally I'd like to request--

Would it be possible to add a top-level links for the Weave Theory article tag/category?

I see that a tag already exists for Weave Theory but I would find it super helpful to have a link from the Articles navigation drop-down, as well as from the Articles Home page.

I'm new around here, so I'm not entirely sure how such things are handled. Apologies if I missed a relevant discussion on the topic, if this isn't the right area to post this, or if I otherwise misstepped.

Submissions: 20

Re: Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
Posted on Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

alissathorne wrote:
I spent quite a bit of time looking through articles and forum posts trying to track down some definitions. The basic problem I'm trying to solve is having a (ideally) single, easy-to-find article with definitions of weave tags. There are already many excellent resources on the site where the information exists, it's just a matter of making that information a little easier to track down.

There are a bunch of ways to potentially accomplish this. Here are some proposals.

Any of:

1. Update the excellent Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... to include definitions for the Mage and Mobius families.
2. Update Weave Tag Definitions to include family definitions.
3. Unify Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... and Weave Tag Definitions into one canonical Tag Definition page; alternately, only include one to be considered canonical in the Beginner article category.
4. Add Weave Families Article

I would be happy to draft up a Weave Families article if that seems like it would be useful. I just wanted to check in first and avoid further muddying the waters.

Additionally I'd like to request--

Would it be possible to add a top-level links for the Weave Theory article tag/category?

I see that a tag already exists for Weave Theory but I would find it super helpful to have a link from the Articles navigation drop-down, as well as from the Articles Home page.

I'm new around here, so I'm not entirely sure how such things are handled. Apologies if I missed a relevant discussion on the topic, if this isn't the right area to post this, or if I otherwise misstepped.

There's no wrong place for any of this! Feel free to hammer out some of these suggestions here: http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15022
As well.

But really, anywhere you can promote discussion, and get your ideas out! GO FOR IT!

MAIL needs active members.

And I need to be more on the ball.

It's a win-win.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1