Loke you rule!!!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 74

Loke you rule!!!
Posted on Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Loving the new weaves,mostly becase in vary fond of persian weaves and any of there vari's, But your still bloody brilant, i'd have not thought off any of that..

Chears!!

Q: have you thought of making some TUT's? I can make them by sight but others might apreciate it. I know Gaveiote has been drooling but can fig out how you did them

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 221

I'm obligated
Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:07 am

I feel like an elephant in porcelain store. When I learn a new weave, I almost immediatly try to figure out how to make a version of it. It's quite challenging, but fun. I hope you all have fun with my versions.

Damn, I got only 11 (or something) new weaves cascade, before someone else submitted a new weave. I've got maybe ten more unsubmitted new weaves in my workshop. I have to submit those weaves soon, before someone else invent them.

What do you like about the new vipera-persian hybrids?

Loke
Esne iterum ebrius?

Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 am

the have interesting propeties that were not there before, and the look, i like useing the 3in1 HPS5 with the VB to add color, work wonderfully.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 77

Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:13 am

I noticed that slow worm is a close relative to GSG. If you take the small rings, and connect the top rings to the bottom rings to the right (reference the picture) you get GSG. A lot of your weaves are actually closely related to things we have but a small twist totally uproots the family connections.

Why invent a wheel again?
Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:02 am

Tesserex - you are right. I don't want to invent a wheel again, but I think those "relation twists" I made, are same to original weaves as the studded tyre is to original wheel - they are useful when you really need them (like studded tyre in snow), but when you don't need them (like in summer), you end up just trouble (like getting a fine from police by driving with wrong type of tyres). Oh, what a sentence. Did you get it?
I've never tried to make GSG (I haven't got enought time), but if it's a close related, I shold try it. Are my new submissions submitted already - i'm not sure... They are named Hiien hirvi and Tuonelan joutsen.

Loke
Esne iterum ebrius?

Submissions: 30

Posted on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:30 pm

Off on a new tangent...
I was trying out Gridlock Byzantine last night, using Maximum X's tutorial, (By the By, pics with greater contrast between the rings and the background would be much appreciated.), and I made a little mistake as I was making my sample piece: I reversed the slant on the outer rows of rings. It made the weave splay out instead of fold in. Did you already try this, Loke, or is it a different variant on the weave?

CyberKender Esquire
RenMerc and Rogue Journeyman Bodice-ripper
Punslinger-at-Large Fnord! The Brass Kender
Brute Squad, Stealth Division
Apparently Appointed Mayor of There
Enough to make a grown man cry.

Is it Louhi?
Posted on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:44 pm

It sounds like Louhi, tell me more about it. I've made many different variations of GB, Louhi etc. and I'm not sure what kind of weave do you mean.

Loke
Esne iterum ebrius?

Posted on Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:24 pm

the pics have a grate contrast on my computer, is your monitor dark? I'll work on making them more contrased anyway. bright siny colors..red blue yellow...sorry im thinking out loud.

Posted on Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:40 am

Loke: Yah, I think it's Louhi. I made it before I took a good look at Louhi.

Maximum X: No, my monitor is not too dark, at home or at work. The final images in the tutorial for Gridlock Bys and Vipera Berus are bright, but all of the others have rather low contrast. I can see them well enough, but they print kinda badly. Using bright gold and silver rings, instead of bronze and steel, on the black background, perhaps? Or use a white background?

CyberKender Esquire

Posted on Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:39 pm

i can't use a white back drop, but i'll remove the back ground all together if that will help.

Posted on Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:50 pm

MaxumX wrote:
i can't use a white back drop, but i'll remove the back ground all together if that will help.

Hmm...That might work well enough. Just using a brighter color for the rings would work as well. Personally, I don't need them to be metalic, so bright primary colors would be fine. Thanks for your consideration. :>

CyberKender Esquire

Submissions: 12

Posted on Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:01 pm

Loke, you definately rule:>

I just sold the first gridlock byz bracelet (out of sterling of course) and got a commission for another. And the weaves (louhi and gridbyz) are so easy to do. In retrospect, I'm amazed, that noone got it before. Or maybe they just didn't share? If so, no pie for them:>

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

Posted on Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:24 pm

i know what you mean no ne getting them before, i felt kinda stupid for mot seeing it at first my self, but i got over it and sad ya..lol

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:36 am

WOW. i am simply amazed. i haven't been on in quite a while and i must say, alot of those weaves are EXTREMLY sweet looking, you must get some tuts on those, i would so love to be able to make some cool looking bracelets instead of my lame 4-1 bracelets... pm me if you think you plan on making some tuts, or give me a run down on how to make the gridlock byzintine... i belive thats the one and it looks sweet as hell.

Submissions: 19

Posted on Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:37 pm

They already have tuts for VB, VB 4-1, gridlock byz, and louhi.

http://chainmaillebookproject.ninjatails.com/index.php --Please contribute! Existing members, put this in your signature to increase publicity!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next