posting articles with javascript
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 6

posting articles with javascript
Posted on Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:03 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I wrote an article with some active content (ring count calculator). Problem, the javascript on the preview screen is broken, and I'm concerned the same will happen with the posted article. Specifically, the submit script is corrupting my code, in one case changing a '[i]' into '<i>'. I've patched my code to avoid the bug, but this should be attended to.

Submissions: 45

Posted on Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:26 pm

I'm glad you were able to patch it! The current setup probably has something to do with the code using things in brackets [like this] as designations for image-uploads. But, I'll have to defer to the coders on if that's the problem, or if there's a solution...

Submissions: 93

Posted on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:03 pm

Yeah, the system is not designed to handle javascript. There are so many security issues in allowing it, we've spent a whole lot more coding time on preventing its use in some areas on the site that in allowing it in others.

The problem is that the whole site uses the the same hunk of code to condition inputs and prevent security breaches, so getting one part of the site to allow it is tricky...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1