questions about gallery discussion forum
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 83

questions about gallery discussion forum
Posted on Wed May 05, 2004 4:22 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Lately I've been noticing more and more people posting pictures inside threads in the gallery discussion room. Is this a potential problem? Can too many large pictures on the board mess things up? Are people who post picture threads also submitting those pictures to the gallery or just leaving them on the board?

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Submissions: 93

Posted on Wed May 05, 2004 10:00 pm

You cannot upload a picture directly to the forum, so any embedded pic you see is being hosted elsewhere on the internet, probably uploaded to our gallery.

It shouldn't be a problem, other than that sometimes people embed really large pics that kill dialup users' performance on page load. That's just bad manners...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 27

Posted on Thu May 06, 2004 12:45 pm

There have been a couple of pictures that haven't gone through me (either because they're not in our Gallery, or because someone else approved them).

I don't personally have a problem with pictures being shown, although it would be kinder to dial-up users if a link was used instead.

The only thing I do get a little irked about is the physical dimensions - if it makes the thread go outta whack, and make me have to scroll SIDEWAYS as well as vertically to read, I get grumpy.

Raz.

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

We are the Queen of Typographical Errors! You must all bow to Our Ineptitude!

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1