re: coyote
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

first off, i'd like to say thank you for the ring ratios article.. i had intended on getting around to that sometime. i even had a draft written up but lost it when my computer died. i do have to say, however that my brain doens't compute from words to application very well (much like the classification discussion.) something that would help me understand your method is example equations.

personally i use 1 equation.

ga1/id1=ga2/id2. choose any 3 and solve for x.

i would be interested in better understanding your method.

i also read the dremel article. i don't have too much to say on it, as i don't use dremels. but there is 1 thing which i would change if i were an article editor or the author, and that's:

"This seems to simple to work..."
to
"This seems too simple to work..."

sorry i've been on a language kick for a day or two. Smile

why, just yesterday fig, in chat (during a rare visit), taught me the word floccinaucinihilipilification
"FLAW-sin-naw-sin-EYE-hill-eh-PILL-eh-feh-KAY-shun"
it means "to estimate something as worthless."

ok, that's enough out of the mouth.

kim

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-09-06 03:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-09-06 03:53 ]

Submissions: 83

maille-mountain? now ive heard everything...Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 0

Not yet you haven't. I'm just getting warmed up here. Very Happy

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

hey, just out of curiosity, would a maille fishing net work? if you made, say a japense tessilation of hexagon's or w/e, so the smaller fih could go through, while the bigger fish you want to catch would be caught? im a vegetarian so i dont fish or anything, but it just popped into my head.

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

this is not a bad idea, but most fishing nets are designed to let the little fish in and keep the big ones out. This is due to the issue of dolphins being killed in such nets.

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

well, if you were looking for the BIGGEST fish, you could make the whole just a tiny bit smaller.. and then all the other fish could swim through...but i do belive whaling is illegal now a days... Very Happy

This discussion is developing a whale of a fishy smell to it. I think we are once again diverting from the topic at hand. Very Happy

considering the topid is 're:coyote' yes, i'd say we are quite of topic. Very Happy

Unless you think there is something fishy about me Very Happy

*sniff sniff* no..not fishy..garlicy maybe.. Razz

It must be that garlic scented mouthwash I've been using. Very Happy

ok, now were REALLLLLLY off topic. Very Happy

Guilty as charged. We've been off topic since about the 4th post. I think we're done in here. Very Happy

im done then

"oh right, i was thinking you had to divide... no wonder im in grade 11 and still taking grade 10 math.."

im in 11th too! but im transfering into 10th grade "stupid" math Sad im "advanced"

[ This Message was edited by: Camo on 2002-10-03 14:29 ]

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next