Are we better people
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 7

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

hello Sakred,
In you article you mentioned that you thought we were better people while your friend Dweezle thought it was the thought caused by the patience of weaving.

I've found that the smaller the group size the more likely your are to find good people. With a smaller group size I have found people are more likely to recognize others as people instead of names. This will continue until the group starts growing for growth's sake.

Just my 2 rings, anyone have any other comments?

Location: Earth Mostly: With frequent stop-offs in Escondido, CA

Regardless of the size of the group, an individual within that group still determines what face they are going to show the rest. 'Good People", and people who behave because they enjoy other's company are often indiscernable. The real question in my opinion, is more likely, can the presence of others and the idea, knowledge, and emotion they share have an effect such that we feel better for having met, spent time, and/or shared with them.

The reality of a given item is often solidified only when we allow are perception to encompass it.

Submissions: 79

hmm.. this is, of course a generalization, and all blanket statements are false. however, in my experience most people who craft something (music, food, beer, literature, not necessarily maille.. anything) and enjoys their task, are happier and friendlier than people who do not have some sort of creative outlet.

thanks for reading my blathering article. Wink

kim

ps.. thomas, did i meet you at lonely mountain defender last year? have i alreay asked you this same question 5 times prior..?

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-08-22 10:52 ]

Yes.

I'm very sorry about not responding the first time, I was on Sara's for a short time, posted something and then couldn't get back for months. I don't remember any of the other requests though. Talking with you then really helped me think of maille as art instead of a flat mechanical skill requiring only patience and some dexterity.

Thanks for posting that weave. After reading Aderamelech's post on "claiming" weaves as new with only minor alterations I hesitate to call it mine, but I can tell you honestly that the only one who helped me come up with that one was the muse. Wink If you can think of a better name that what we came up with that day then please change the name. I've mad some more and found that it's just Euro 4 at a right angle to Box.

(accidental alliteration)

I finished that last post a little early, I wanted to say that I agreed with you about the creative expression, but the way I think of it is artistic expression. I think everyone has an artistic expression. The reason I put it that way is that I think of performing differently than creating. I don't look at playing an instrument or dancing as creation per. se., but you can express yourself, and that's what matters.

Submissions: 79

hehe.. no worries about not responding earlier.. especially if it was on saras. i never check there. i know i have asked other folks, if they were you. and they weren't. cause you're you. not them.

hmm.. i guess i view dance as creation.. as well as meditation, or anything, really. i guess what i was getting at in my little rant was that maillers tend to spend more time with their creating thn other crafts might, and as a result are happier.. i don't know if happier is the proper word.

good to see you around. Smile

kim

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1