Worlds Longest Chainmaille Chain Who is participating??
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Will you participate yes or no/why
yes
59%
 59%  [ 47 ]
no/ dumb idea
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
no/ dont like ring size/guage
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no/ bad weave
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no/ shipping costs to high
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
no/ other (please post why otherwise dont post here)
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 79

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:19 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

good news and bad news guys. Bad news first.

My storage area on ship caught on fire. So about 25 lbs of chain is now worthless including all my armor pieces.

Good news : i was able to salvage about 15 lbs of rings. And i am currently inwork on trying to put it all back together.

So basically im sorry everyone. Things dont seem to be going so well for my ship and the bleep has really started to hit the fan. However i still have Maxum's address and will send the asian contribution asap.

Again gentlemen i apologize for not sending this stuff sooner.

On a lighter not i am back in yokosuka and tahts good. how much do we have so far? Any word from Guiness? Updates please i would love them.

Chris
U.S. Navy

Time is the best teacher...Too bad she kills all her students. -Unknown-

Submissions: 74

Posted on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:18 pm

well i have a ton+ (~2430lb) sitting in the Garage on a pipe spool, i just got some more from a mailler in Vermont, so i'll be connecting that tonight. ( ~30ft but it is still unmeshured yet).

were are the other connectors have any of you gotten any thing? i know i've been getting alot of locals out here but i know i cant be the only one??

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Posted on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:42 pm

I guess i am the connector for asia and the middle east. One of the sailors that i maille with has a friend in Iraq that is sending us some chain. I put the salvaged chain back together last night. plus added some. So im sitting at about 25 feet or so. Im pretty upset about that berthing fire. Not only did i lose chain but a lot of other personal stuff aswell.

Anyways keep me updated guys.

Chris
U.S.navy

Time is the best teacher...Too bad she kills all her students. -Unknown-

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:14 pm

If this is still going on, I'll gladly contribute once I learn how the pattern works. I've had a lot of trouble starting it. I'm not sure how long of a piece I can make, but I'll gladly send what I can. Could someone PM me the address to ship to?

Posted on Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:45 pm

Digi-dog,

Good to here it but i can't tell you whom to send to if i don't know were you are in this mass world..lol if you one the east coast or the mid stats of the USA or Canada + the Europe area you can send to me. but i cant give you others addy as i don't know them my self..hehe

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:52 pm

An idea of my location would be most beneficial...I live in Texas. Coif Cool Smiley

So whatever address goes along with that. hehe

"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"
-Edgar Allen Poe, 1827

Submissions: 6

Clarification
Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:32 pm

Hey guys, just found out what you are going. Sounds like fun. If you still need some help with it caount me in. I just want to make sure I know the stats. 5/8"id Galvy Hp3in1. If this is right you can count me in for at least five feet but probaly more.

Submissions: 6

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:22 pm

Well I got off my butt and just read all of the posts. I have the specs and I got bored after woke to day and made about 5 feet but I just used up all of my 5/16" id galvy. I am getting more in a couple of weeks and will have a hell of alot more done when i get it.

chain
Posted on Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:12 am

I'd be glad to participate if somebody can tell me the specs and weave... I think I missed that post Confused

I am pretty knew...so it might take me a while.....I am in NY btw

Charis

"Art is innate in the artist, like an instinct that seizes and makes a tool out of the human being"

Carl Jung

Submissions: 2

contributor
Posted on Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:39 am

hi, im fairly new at maille (my best project is a 12ga 5/8dia. vest)...

but i see potential for opportunity here....

just tell me the weave, wire specs, and where i got to send the stuff to and i will start making some...

even if it goes sour, im sure some one else will take over the lead role here Smile so stress less, the dream will continue Smile

i will be watching this thread closely so...

Submissions: 62

Posted on Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:31 pm

HP 3in1, 5/16" 16ga.

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 77

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:25 pm

It seems a little pointless now haha, since all of our chains together will still pale in comparison to what MaxumX has.

edit: MAKE SURE YOURS IS THE CORRECT DIRECTION!

Submissions: 62

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:31 pm

Surprised

i think we better send our parts to magnumx lol!!

maybe we should try guiness for the longest chain in the world.

approx how many feet is you chain magnum??

(if its over a couple thousands feet we hae a good chance of getting in i bet!)

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:28 pm

I'll have to get back to you one the ligth(sp) but it has to be neering over a 3/4 a mile by now. it wieght is so much i have to move it with a fork truck. (hi-low). but i find a way to measur(sp) it again. i just got two more boxes, one from Main3 and one from Dolen, theres are a pritty good chunk about 25lb each. though it look like they may be the rough direction...i know later tonight when i have time to look at the other then opening the boxes..lol

and the longest chain will not work. the current one is miles long and i don't think we can get the resorces to top it.

ahh.. who is magnum?

Submissions: 85

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:45 pm

Is this still going on? If so I would like to participate. I could probably only make a few feet of the chain, maybe more. Who should i send it to? I live in south Florida.

Jump to:  
Page 12 of 14. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next