Weave Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

it just gets my since of perspective (sp?) off, like the pic was taken by reaching past the maille,
Code:

/
   --

with the dot the camera (the bottem of it to the left) and the / where its looking and the -- being the thingy its looking at, so you see if the pic was like this:
Code:

|
   ---

it could be sideways without geting me confused.
as to rotating the pic in photoshop or something like that I just print it so I can figure it out away from the computer, still kinda confusing for simple minds like me :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: hitb0y on 2003-01-31 17:59 ]

Submissions: 82

whoa! i thought it was grizzly. how did you make it tight enough to withstand itself?

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 580

The stem of my flower is regular full persian. I'm not a fan of grizzly.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

oh, i must mention. the 'stem' of the flower, it looks like regular full persian 6-1, but it is actually full persian grizzly. (grizzly is a much tighter version of full persian, so it holds it's form straighter.)

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 0

thanks for that link, it helps with it givining me the types of weaves and all, if I can't figure it out by just looking at it could you e-mail me the instructions to justin@cfl.rr.com it would be a great help if you could, I kinda got it, but its just a big confusing, and I'm pretty new to this stuff. again thanks alot all of you, I didn't think people would be so nice when I first joined M.A.I.L.

Submissions: 580

Also there is
http://www.angelfire.com/on3/chainman/gallery/sculpture.html

Just to throw you another picture or two.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

wow! that is awesome! that is exactly what I pictured in my minds-eye of a chainmaille flower thanks! just looking at this I can tell how to make it, again thanks alot!

P.S. - is there anyway in which I can speak to Thexnihil about ring sizes and the like?

again, thanks alot! and thank Thexnihil too for me, and when I see him I'll thank him! I love chainmail!!!!!

There are no real patterns or guidelines to making a maille flower. the best i can think of, is to show you a picture of Thexnihil's flower he made. Note: the colors arent nessicary, they just look pretty Very Happy

there are more pics at: http://members.tripod.com/thexnihil/maille2/flower.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Bative on 2002-09-23 18:35 ]

I have a few questions. I want to make a flower out of chainmaille, the problem is I don't know what weaves to use, or the ruff pattern of it, can anyone help me with this little delima of mine? you don't have to respond back quickly, just before this weekend would be nice, thank you

lorenzo.. feasible? as in the weave? Laughing

Mysticmailler..
that weave? faery trap?
pretty simple..it's 2 ring sizes, a 2-1 chain,with one larger ring going inbetween the 2 on the 2-1 chain. hard to explain, but a simple weave.

Submissions: 244

Strangemaille Box? Kim where do you come up with this stuff? I'll give it a shot anyhow, seems like it should be feasible.

www.mailletec.com

Y'know, that might just be crazy enough to work!

How about an article - or link to one - on spiral round? It looks very nice, and I'm told it's pretty easy. Supposedly, you just make a strip of 4in1 then connect the edges into a tube.

That sounds right and I can picture it in my head, but after a couple of hours playing with it my fingers have yet to get it right.

Thanks!

Submissions: 99

japaniese 5n1 ball is easy if you know how to do the japaniese 6n1.

all you have to do is start making the 5in1 pattern and it tends to close on it self. instead of laying flat like the 6n1 keep going around doing 5n1 and keep track of your pattern so when you close it it closes evenly.
the tightness of the rings and pattern size will determain the end size of the ball.

Submissions: 5

Quote:

On 2002-04-22 20:07, Fenrisulv wrote:
got a another request to how in all of nifelheim do you make a japanes 5-1 ball??

I don't know for sure, but I'd wager it would be something like a soccer ball in reverse...

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 5. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next