Article Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 5

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Post your requests for an article subject here.

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 45

Quote:

On 2003-01-16 03:42, Serpentine wrote:
I can write instructions for that, if SHH is alright with it.

That's great! If you'd like to, please go right ahead. I only suggested SHH because he already had a series of pics done that got posted on another board.

Submissions: 27

Quote:

On 2003-01-12 01:12, Raist666 wrote:
I saw an article on a double-hooked clasp somewhere, but i cant find it. does anyone know what i'm talking about? The 2 hooks connected to a number eight figure.

That one is at DC Wireworks, in the "How-To" Section. http://www.chainmaille.prohosting.com/charles/howto/articles/hooksAmph/Amphooks.html

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

We are the Queen of Typographical Errors! You must all bow to Our Ineptitude!

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Submissions: 2

Quote:

On 2002-02-28 12:15, Drax wrote:
If he is amenable to it, I'd love to see Second Hand Hippie's instructions on HalfPersian trim on Euro. This gets requested a lot by people in general and it would be nice to have it in one spot instead of getting resurrecting it from time to time.

I can write instructions for that, if SHH is alright with it.

Submissions: 0

I saw an article on a double-hooked clasp somewhere, but i cant find it. does anyone know what i'm talking about? The 2 hooks connected to a number eight figure.

Submissions: 83

Nah, I always make my own. What I make depends on what I'm doing. Generally if I just want a sort of stop gap clasp to try something right away, I just take a coil, bend the first ring up 180 degrees, then cut the coil as normal. You sort of end up a figure 8, that has just a little bit missing in the top half. That's the hook. Then you just weave in the solid ring and you're set. Often I will make a more complex and or stronger clasp for a finished item, though it you make the figure 8 clasp both small and of a strong material, it can be good on it's own. (It's a bit like the curve hook in Cyana's article, but simpler.)

Camo,
Yep I've read the articles there and whie they're nice, I'm still looking.

I should have been more specific - what I'm looking for is a clasp that will look nice with a byzanitine bracelet. The hook in the "Hooks, clasps, and finrger rings" article is close, so's the in "chao clasps" but I'm still looking.

I promise that when I find one I'll post instructions.

In the meantime, are these the clasps most of you use to connect your bracelets and necklaces, do you have other ways you'd like to share, or do you use the storebought lobster-claw or spring-ring kind?

um..........did you check the jewelry articles we have 6(or so) different clasp designs.......or do they not please you....

if not you should make up your own......the world is your monkey, why not make it dance?

[ This Message was edited by: Camo on 2002-06-26 03:27 ]

I would like to see an article on clasps. I've learned a few nice weaves, but I need good ideas on how to connect the ends for bracelets, or a waist-chain (one end dangles the other connects to some "middle" part of the chain.

Any takers?

Submissions: 79

along with any other sort of properties of metal articles. i may be taking a jewelry making class next spring, if i do i'll write a couple of articles up.. maybe one on crocheting wire too..

hmm.. not exactly maille, but i think there's a misc area.

peace
kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

an article on how to harden electrical grade copper into something usable for maille would very helpful!

Submissions: 45

If he is amenable to it, I'd love to see Second Hand Hippie's instructions on HalfPersian trim on Euro. This gets requested a lot by people in general and it would be nice to have it in one spot instead of getting resurrecting it from time to time.

i'd like to see an equation that calculated the number of rings in a jap6-1 haxagon or triangle..

finished or loose edges..
i'd be happy with a 90% accuracy.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 83

Both good ideas. I like this since sometimes you have the time and all to do an article, but just no real idea of what you would do... would a table of ring# for Japanese 6-1 do? If someone else can do the math and programing perhaps it could be turned into a calculator... probably the sort of thing you want a few people working on to make sure you cover as many ring sizes and wire guages as possible. I suppose I'd be game to collect some data for that. Anyone else?

i would like to see an article on historical dish scrubbers, with images of an old school scrubber and such.. perferably multiple scrubbers to compare construction type and such.

kim

[ This Message was edited by: sakredchao on 2002-03-20 03:44 ]

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next