Northeast Maillefest 2009 - pictures
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Northeast Maillefest 2009 - pictures
Posted on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I uploaded some of my pictures to http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinmorgan/sets/72157621841234858/

Didn't take many snapshots... hopefully some other folks will upload theirs too!

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm sure there will be many more posted once everyone who camped gets back to a computer. Could be a few days for some, since we had a really good turnout this year with people coming from quite a distance.

I didn't have a camera with me, else I would post some now.

Maille Code V2.0 T5.9 R5.1 En.o Fcir MFe.s Wgm$ Cab$w G0.2-2.0 I1.2-14.1 N(many).~25 Pdjs Dacdejst Xg(many)t1w5 S03
deviantArt

Posted on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Looks like you folks had a grand time! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!! Smile

Posted on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:35 pm

I just got off the phone with Kim and he said the gathering was a killer time.

I understand there were a few "administrators gone wild" moments, hehe.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 am

Nothing to see here!

Move along.....

Coif Cool Smiley

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 75

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:46 am

Heh, I know there will be some photographic evidence- er, I mean totally innocent snapshots coming in the next couple days.

Wink

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 am

Phong wrote:
Heh, I know there will be some photographic evidence- er, I mean totally innocent snapshots coming in the next couple days.

Wink

-phong

I won't be able to share any of mine until Tuesday.

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 am

Mine won't be up until we get back to Phong and Muir's place, at the earliest... but wow. What a fantastic and entertaining weekend. Totally worth flying halfway across the continent for!

~Captain Canuck, signing off

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 am

*grumbles*

Next year Gadget... Next year...

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:42 am

So, 4.5 hours until my flight would have to leave, I caved to peer pressure and bought tickets.

About half of the descriptions are accurate but I'll have to be honest, there are some parts that are a little fuzzy and I just had to fill in the blanks based on what I suppose was happening. To an outsider, you probably can't tell the difference. No stories too too embarasing anyone. Gotta leave some of the magic for the people who actually attended.

Here's some of the best.

The North-East Maille Fest liquor truck, they must know we were going:

The NMF2k9 truck, our wire shipment is en route!:

FerrousKnight, driving from Newark, Argentum up front, and 3 unplanned guests (Rosethorn, Me, and Tal) in the back. After circling around a Wallmart for over an hour in the rain before docking in the parking lot, food and new camping equipment yielded a car packed literally to the roof, and we giggled all the way:

Muirgheal cooks the morning crowd some breakfasts:

Down at the actual gathering, Dr. T, kind enough to lend me some of his work. If you're never felt it, you're really missing out:

About half the crowd at the NMF pavillion, actually mailling, very briefly. You can maille at home, alone peoples:

Sign attempt #1, the NORHEAST MAILEFEST:

Dr. T's lovely wife, who's name escapes me, modelling for the boys:

M.A.I.L. Articles Admin Phong, jealous of CShake's glorious maille-based bottle --> stein adaptor:

NMF2k9 attendies, all 17 of us, more than ever:

Private Gathering in Tal's pants. Sent a squad out for liquor, everyone else climbed on in to get things started:

Enough of this "chainmaille" garbage, the boozerunners are back, NMFers kick it into high gear:

An upgrade over the previous evening, an exothermic fire! This fire actually burns on its own and supplies energy, rather than requiring effort to maintain:

Last known photo of a sober-ish and coherent Rosethorn. Was not seen again until next morning:

Phong, with some paraphernalia supwerpowers, hard at work approving articles for the M.A.I.L. database. If your submission was accepted around Saturday night, might want to proof-read it yourself one more time:

Park rangers came by to issue some of us a noise violation warning. Solution? Ninjas. Duh, because ninjas are very quiet:

Hard to drink while wearing a mask, so, Muirgheal takes over, practicing her ninja powers:

Phong, denying article submissions. If your article was rejected Saturday night, might want to resubmit:

Despite her best efforts, Rosethorn's articles simply were *not* good enough for immediate approval that evening, and Phong refused to budge on the issue. If you've ever thought that being a Board of Directors administrator for this community is all fun and games, let me tell you, us volunteers make sacrifices to keep the quality as high as it is:

After a 2nd (3rd? Anyone counting) noise violation and 4 park rangers telling some ninjas to immediately disperse and quiet down or we'd all be immediately evicted, your Planning And Development admin makes everyone some delicious, limited edition "Eviction Sammiches". The cops never came back and Om Nom Nom Nom Nom. Success:

ASSSEEMMMMMBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! Special Members Only Photo. #trl (and #mail) chat regulars only. Roughly 95% of everything valuable ever written on M.A.I.L. likely had roots in this hardworking, attentive bunch. The most of us that have ever assembled in one area. Weekend of exponential awesomeness:

Special Members Only Photo Assembly 2. Four M.A.I.L. Board of Director's members. Most ever assembled in one place at one time. We wrote down the master plan to avoiding every discussion from now on. We'll just be repeating this as our mantra from now on:

There's lots more, and lots that didn't end up in pictures. The best of the best ended up as videos. I'll see about setting up a place for any of the attendees to download them, the public doesn't need to see all of that.

I'll try to release another pic-pack and some brief summaries as I remember then when more pics come in from others. I'm not the best photographer. Gimme a week or so to collect them.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OMFG, LMMFAO!!!!!! d**k grab: Hes like; ah f***. OMG I must see vids!! Phong, crazy! I wish I had my driving license so I could go too! Although the cops would probably come if I went Coif LoL .

BigTitann

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 am

looks like a great time!

I hope things work out to go next year...as long as no one expects the old folk to be the den mother or a responsible person or well-behaved or anything.

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm sitting here just shaking my head, not because of the apparent lack of discipline or about the sophomoric antics that went on... but because I live so damn close and didn't drive up for the fun. I plan to be at next year's fest (work schedule allowing). Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics!

"Phoenixx wrote:

If you're going to do something, you might as well do it grossly oversized and as loud as possible."

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 pm

cops were the ones who inspired the eviction sammiches.

luckily they were under achieving park police, their only weapons being flashlight mace and illiteracy.

great images, looking forward to the rest. especially love the NEMF semi shots.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 12

Posted on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm

I can't upload until my camera gets to where I'm at. My camera, maille, car and ok everything but me & my purse are in Binghamton; due to be picked up by family 'towing service' later tonight. I made it home...finally - at about 7am this morning. My battery was not the offending party; but we don't know what all it was yet; til the towing service picks the thing up and starts looking at it...

Other than vehicular difficulties I had a blast, and will plan on next year as well assuming work & whatnot allows for such.

For now I'll reminisce with the photos everyone else is sharing.

Kim, I don't think the park police even had mace; they had keys, mini maglites, various half empty drink bottles, a walkie talkie and one was seen carrying an energy bar but no mace.

OK time for froggy to find sleep that doesn't require packing myself into the space of a suitcase.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next