Ring Vendors
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Ring Vendors
Posted on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi all! Im new to weaving, been doing it for a month or two. I am looking for vendors for rings, having only ordered from RingLord so far. Currently, I have used stainless steel and aluminum, but I am looking for more interesting rings.

RingLord is ok, but I feel there are better options. I was looking at Urban Maille, but it looks like they are changing their model, and will not be taking/keeping new customers. Suggestions?

Posted on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Personally, I order from West Coast Chainmail (i believe the actual site is chainmaildude.com or something? either way you can just google west coast chainmail)
I haven't actually tried out any other vendors, so I don't know how they compare, but so far I'm happy with the product, so. They might be worth checking out.

Posted on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm

I looked at West Coast, and it looks like they dont have sterling silver, which is a material I'm looking for. Thanks though!

Submissions: 574

Posted on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Check out www.spiderchain.com .

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 389

Posted on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:36 am

i specialize in stainless steel and titanium grade 1 rings. i have the widest variety of sizes in these metals at 1/128" intervals. i also specialize in welded rings.

http://www.joshuadiliberto.com/CHAINMAIL.html

Posted on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Iv been on your site joshua, and I am impressed with your range of sizes! I have been using your weave list to find new patterns Im interested in trying.

Still looking for silver and other alloy vendors though.

Submissions: 389

Posted on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am

thx! everything i have in stl can be made in any metal/alloy. it's just not up on the website yet. so, if you ever want a quote just message me.

Posted on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 pm

I use http://www.aluminumjumprings.com/xcart/home.php?cat=257 He has silver, he processes and ships in lightening speed, he does special orders, and he's a super great guy to work with.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:01 am

I like "Weave Got Maille" (www.weavegotmaille.com), but I also like Joshua's site and The Ring Lord too. For specific metric sizes, I also go to pkjewelry4u.com (when I was looking for super specific sizes to make a cross pendant, they're the ones who had what I wanted).

I love this thread -- I hadn't heard of some of these vendors and am looking forward to checking them out. Thanks for asking!

Submissions: 26

Posted on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm

jstadler wrote:
Iv been on your site joshua, and I am impressed with your range of sizes! I have been using your weave list to find new patterns Im interested in trying.

Still looking for silver and other alloy vendors though.

You know I've made silver rings from silver wire before. It's not that tricky and if you use a jewelers saw you can get a fantastically clean cut on the links. Plus side is, with wires; you get exactly the ratios you desire! Most good jewelery suppliers have it, and they tend to know the tolerances of their materials so you can take advantage of their "local knowledge". Good luck and happy mailing!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1