Weave Study 2019-2
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 18

Weave Study 2019-2
Posted on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:03 pm || Last edited by Karpeth on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Next up, in the weave studies; a look into Two families, ”bees” and ”Gridlock Byzantine”. Partially, a revisit.

Purpose:
Go more in depth to specific weaves (and concepts) as a community.
Add information to weaves, including:
Tutorials
AR limits
Weave Relationships
Pattern Information

This time we will be/are/were studying:
Weaves:
Gridlock Byzantine, Byzee Beez to Butterflies
Flat Byz 4in1 Tube, Flagellum, Pilus, Aino, Pohjan Akka, Louhi, Beez Stew and their siblings.

Related Weaves:
Vipera Berus
Byzantine
Coyote Maille
And many more!

Additional Links:
Link to interest/discussion thread

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer.

Posted on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:04 am

I started This, as people have had trouble telling these Two groups apart, when showing samples. I have a few images of samples that’ll Be submitted soon.

Now, I looked at My collection, and the weave library, and I don’t see any Gridlock Byzantine/flat Tube, so I’ll be submitting one as a weave soon.

Posted on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:09 pm

I need a name, as technical and correct as possible before submitting.

This is basically ”Flat Gridlock Byzantine 4in1 Tube”, but:
It’s Not flat.
It’s Not Gridlock
It’s Not Byzantine
It’s a 4 in 1 Tube, though, unlike Flat Byz 4in1 Tube.

IMG AR is 3.5

Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:02 pm

I Just notice, that most of the non-Beez weaves are not tagged Berus, can someone enlighten me on Why they should not be?

Posted on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Aino...

What a headache that was.

Aino bears a resemblence to Flat Byz 4-1 Tube. That’s only superficial.

To decrypt Aino, it took a while. The description is misleading. While the 4-2 Chain is the suggested way to start it, the way it’s Constructed leads to a Simpler construction path for Pilus and flagellum, and it lead me to an insight. Aino is almost the same as flagellum. Where aino uses a 4-2 Chain as a central skeleton, If you disregard the instruktion of ”only one ring”, you end up with flagellum, with the connectors doubled.

Where you use the ”vertical” rings of Gridlock to produce GB, the ”easy way” for Both Aino and Flagellum is to make a Chain (2-1 or 4-2) and put Two rings through each eye (for flagellum. For aino, it’s One on one eye on each side.)

Submissions: 578

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Karpeth wrote:
I Just notice, that most of the non-Beez weaves are not tagged Berus, can someone enlighten me on Why they should not be?

Can you provide a few examples please?

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Karpeth wrote:

Can you provide a few examples please?

From the first post;

Gridlock Byzantine, Pilus, Flagellum, Aino

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:53 am

I’m guessing Beez Stew will be part of the study, although it just adds another E4-1 column to Flat Byz 4in1 Tube, which does this to Byzee Beez to Butterflies.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm

I’m guessing Beez Stew will be part of the study, although it just adds another E4-1 column to Flat Byz 4in1 Tube, which does this to Byzee Beez to Butterflies.

It’s a sibling, Indeed.

I don’t read them the same, at all.

Apparently I need to add information regarding my ”new submission”, as Well, to avoid confusion.

BB2B, the sides are connected in a Byzantine fashion.
Beez stew splits the Two byz bolts, and connects the bolts in a E4-1 fashion.
FB4-1T - and my GB4-1T (pending) instead build a Coyote Maille style connection.

Where BS takes one connector each for each side, the tubes makes sure the connectors are double on each side, and they are then connected on Both sides in E4-1 Fashion, keeping them Open, like a Tube.

If still unclear, I’ll take some pictures.

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Oh no, it’s completely clear now. I didn’t even read the description or acknowledge that the “tube “ part of the name meant E4-1 connections on both sides. I looked at it quickly and my brain convinced me it was different. A tube, but not something I’d tag as tube if tube became a tag, which I feel it should- only for cases in which a sheet is rolled up and attached back onto itself.

I suppose it could make the cut if you consider it as a 2-sided tube, with its sheet form being the string of B^ Chain on each side, then the E4-1 bit, then repeat, although no matter what AR was used the B^ Band wouldn’t properly allow two separate E4-1 emergences and have them each jut out in opposite directions. The E4-1 would eventually end up in the right direction due to its flexibility.

A little off topic, and I’ve been considering opening up a new topic to evaluate tags.

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Oh no, it’s completely clear now. I didn’t even read the description or acknowledge that the “tube “ part of the name meant E4-1 connections on both sides. I looked at it quickly and my brain convinced me it was different. A tube, but not something I’d tag as tube if tube became a tag, which I feel it should- only for cases in which a sheet is rolled up and attached back onto itself.

I suppose it could make the cut if you consider it as a 2-sided tube, with its sheet form being the string of B^ Chain on each side, then the E4-1 bit, then repeat, although no matter what AR was used the B^ Band wouldn’t properly allow two separate E4-1 emergences and have them each jut out in opposite directions. The E4-1 would eventually end up in the right direction due to its flexibility.

A little off topic, and I’ve been considering opening up a new topic to evaluate tags.

B^?

Yes, B^
Posted on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 pm

“B^ Chain” is what I refer to as the raw material that goes into B^3, and units.

A strip of B^ Chain ends up as “B^ Band” when filled out, which is the tentative title I assigned to Byzee Beez to Butterflies when I independently discovered it back in February 2019.

Posted on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 pm

I took B^ Chain and alternated the direction of each Byz/Box node and ended up with what I called “Staggered B^ Chain”. Months later I found it in the weave library as Barbarian.

I built extra Staggered B^ Chains off the initial one to form an interesting sheet that I called “B^ Web”. I describe a lot of things as interesting. This one is unique in that stretched out, it appears as a hex web, but compressed, it builds rectangularly. It is one of about 30 new weaves I’ve made this year that i would submit to the library. The other 120 or so are mostly redundant.

Posted on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:27 pm

That might not be 100% correct. The connector rings in Barbarian might pass through more than 2 rings from each cell- I cannot completely tell from the picture. The Staggered B^ Chain I made also has the added rings jutting off each node.

Posted on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:48 pm

That might not be 100% correct. The connector rings in Barbarian might pass through more than 2 rings from each cell- I cannot completely tell from the picture. The Staggered B^ Chain I made also has the added rings jutting off each node.

Piercing together information; I’d interpret barbarian as going through all four rings.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next