Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 3rd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 106

Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 3rd)
Posted on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:54 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

MailArtisans wrote:
This thread is intended as an area for new members to introduce themselves.
Click "Post Reply" in the Upper Right hand corner, and say hi! Very Happy

Consider telling us about you, where you're from, what your interests are... And of course, feel free to nose around the rest of the fourms Wink

Quote:
This is the second thread for New Members to post in... After the explosion of:

http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=6743
On September 1st, 2010.... It had been alive since March 11th, 2006... May it rest in peace...

And may this thread not explode like that one did.

Continuation of the above threads.
Feel free to introduce yourself here. Or if you are feeling especially adventurous, just start a post in one of the discussion forums! We won't bite... mostly... Very Happy

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Can't resist the temptation to be at the top of this one. Welcome to all the new maillers who follow! I hope I can be of service answering your questions in "Part the Third"!

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Oh hai there

I'm Leo, us born and raised. I've been interested in metalworking in general since highschool (class of 2008.) attended college for welding/pipefitting, then joined the army instead of playing with pipe for a living.

Read a book or two on blacksmithing, never attempted.

Picked up Maille about a month ago, haven't tried much, 4 in 1, 8in 2, made one full Persian keychain, and some baubles without a pattern. Then jumped into making myself a chain shirt from a combination of 8 in 2, and :undecided: Which I'll eventually upload pictures of.

Idk, not great at introductions

Introduction
Posted on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 am

Hi. I’m new to the site and to Maille.

After buying beginners Maille kits as gifts for a couple of friends over the years I decided it was finally my turn to jump in. I’m now halfway through slowly weaving my first necklace.

Unfortunately my hobby time is few and far between. When I do find it I split it between knitting, sketching and learning to paint miniatures.

I look forward to reading all your advice and tips.

Submissions: 39

Posted on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Welcome everyone! I look forward to seeing all that you have to display and help you grow where you feel you have quesitons.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

New and not new
Posted on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 am

I had joined about 7 years ago, then life happened. Now I have returned, yay!
Fell in love with chainmaille after my first visit to a Renfaire. A fellow college student, and an artisan, taught me euro 4-1 at that time. Have since been through many lives, one of which was jousting at Renfairs (full armor, full contact), and my fellow female knight, against whom I jousted, is also a chainmail and armor artisan and vendor.
I also have an artist friend who does Irish & Celtic shows, and I recently offered to do some small chainmaille items (ie earrings, etc.) for him to sell. Needless to say, I have now gotten way out of hand, and am doing more stuff (ie dragons and such, and taking them to work for them to guard my desk)) to the point where my work colleagues think the stuff is cool and want to purchase some of my work! Surprised

"The only consistent thing in this world is inconsistency"

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1