***Entries for Theme for Contest 36 - Pendants!***
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 106

***Entries for Theme for Contest 36 - Pendants!***
Posted on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:20 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

The theme for Contest 36 will be Pendants. Entries will be accepted for 12 weeks, from now until Friday, December 1, 2017. Submit your entries in this thread with pictures and a description. Please start a new post for each entry instead of putting multiple entries in one post.

Be sure to read and follow the rules of the contest listed below. (Seriously, read them, follow them! If you have questions, just ask.) Also, as always, please don't put any pictures in here that aren't actual submissions.

If you plan on entering the contest, let me know in here with an "I'm in". Okay! Ready, Set, Go make something that is storagey!

Contest Rules
1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite and placing the picture in your post with the Img link. Please don't make us hunt for your entry because it is posted on another site. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

Submissions: 2

contest 36
Posted on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:12 am

I'd like to give this a try!

Submissions: 100

universal based pendant
Posted on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 am

this pendant is made with 16swg 1/4 and 5/16 stainless it is a Universal Triangle center with filler around. [img]
[/img]

Submissions: 13

Posted on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:17 am

I had the idea for this last night and made it this afternoon. This is Bore Worm with a 27mm solaris swarovski crystal. The Bore Worm is out of 16swg 3/8" and various sizes to capture the crystal.

triangle
Posted on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 pm

another similar design to my first entry.

Submissions: 378

Posted on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am

mooish rose pendant with large welded ring on the inside to make is solid.

Posted on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 am

Another one from me. This uses one of the new eye crystals from Swarovski. All stainless steel rings. Front and back.

Submissions: 30

Posted on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 am

Hoodoo Capture Ring

Stainless steel 20 awg, 3/32", 1/8", 3/16" and 16 swg 1/4", 5/16". Swarovski ss24 and pp32 1088 chatons.

Rather large-- 2" ID, 3" OD. But I hear oversized pendants are in these days.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Eldar pendants!
Left: 18swg aluminum, Paradise Shine Swarovski
Center: 16swg aluminum, Sapphire Swarovski
Right: 18swg stainless steel, Rose Gold Swarovski

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:14 am

Persian Flower - Full Persian with rings added down the center and on the edges to stablize. Ring sizes are 18 5/16, 18 1/4, and 19 11/64 all in stainless steel with a 14mm violet rivoli.

Submissions: 30

Posted on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:12 am

Do variations constitute multiple entries? I have a design with at least 9 varieties that I'd rather not have to enter 9 times.

Posted on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Slagr wrote:
Do variations constitute multiple entries? I have a design with at least 9 varieties that I'd rather not have to enter 9 times.
Than don't you could put all the pics up and a lengthy dissertation, just make sure you clarify which pic is for the voting thread.

Posted on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 am

djgm wrote:
Slagr wrote:
Than don't you could put all the pics up and a lengthy dissertation, just make sure you clarify which pic is for the voting thread.

What he said. Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 am

Full persian cube in stainless steel, first is the front of how I have it hanging and the second is the side of the cube. Mostly 20 3/16.

frontviewlgt by melsabella, on Flickr

sideviewlgt by melsabella, on Flickr

Posted on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:05 am

Zeph wrote:
Eldar pendants!
Left: 18swg aluminum, Paradise Shine Swarovski
Center: 16swg aluminum, Sapphire Swarovski
Right: 18swg stainless steel, Rose Gold Swarovski

I cannot add your entry until you place your picture on a site that will allow me to post a picture of your work. If you click on your picture in Photobucket and then copy the code for "IMG" on the right side, you should be able to share your picture. I hope this helps.

Any suggestions from other members is welcome!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next