New here but not to chain maille
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

New here but not to chain maille
Posted on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have been working with chain maille on and off for a few years now (but recently started working with scales).

For those who have made dream catchers before, what did you use as the base (outer) ring? I haven't fiddled with too many of the more complex weaves, so I was really looking for just a solid ring/hoop. I was looking for something relatively easy since I'm still in the middle of a scale maille project (waiting for the person's measurements). But I would like to make it as a Christmas present for a family member (maybe more than one depending on how one goes). Looking for some tips, suggestions, and where to buy supplies (other than theringlord and weavegotmaille, as I already use those sites). Most importantly looking for base/outer ring options.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 pm

They sell brass craft rings at most DollarStores that pair nicely with bright aluminum

Submissions: 2

Re: New here but not to chain maille
Posted on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 pm

You could try looking in craft stores for those large rings. I know for sure that Michael's has them.

As for keeping it simple, perhaps a graduated E 4-1? You could use any leftover scales as dangling feathers.

Maybe this article could help you out.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1