Chainmail for Therapy
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Chainmail for Therapy
Posted on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:08 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I made a small sheet of European 4 in 1 for a friend who does counseling for children. She had mentioned she had fidget devices for them to occupy their hands while they talked so I had her try this. It was a success!

First sheet I made for her was made out of bright aluminum but this leaves a lot of grey dust on the kids hands (which they are made to wash off, it's metal dust after all). I made a much smaller sheet out of stainless steel once she mentioned this. She requested a sheet of dragonscale for them to play with. This one is being made out of stainless steel so it's less messy.

I don't know if anyone has found this application for chainmail as a tactile tool for therapy, thought I would share. I'm sure there are plenty of fun to touch weaves that can be applied like this.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:08 am

Welcome and well come, burnttoastv.

We have seen the like before, usually from people talking about how making the mail is their fidget-therapy. But there certainly is nothing else that feels like mail!

Semi-relevantly, sometimes I like to play Bach or other baroque composers' works in mailmaking -- and assembling jigsaw puzzles; it's the making of a whole from myriad tiny pieces, properly assembled.

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Submissions: 0

Aluminum sheet case
Posted on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 am

Does aluminum sheets will be reliable?
I've heard that stainless steel better, one case study help service wrote about it research.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1