cleaning rings after saw cutting?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

cleaning rings after saw cutting?
Posted on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

recently purchased a ringinator ez and have cut quite a few aluminum rings with it so far, but i've yet to find an efficient way to clean the dust off the rings when all is said and done. anybody have any input on how i should do this? or how to seperate the aluminum dust from the cutting lubricant? any help would be massively appreciated Smile

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 am || Last edited by Konstantin the Red on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Putting lubricant full of aluminum swarf through laboratory type filter paper -- or a coffee filter -- would depend on the viscosity of the cutting lubricant. I've never worked with the stuff.

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Submissions: 378

Posted on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:37 pm

yes, i use 2 large coffee filters to separate the dust from the lubricant. with aluminum, i think just washing them in soap and water is the best way to clean them. i clean mine in a plastic strainer. i wouldn't use a metal strainer because it can dull the rings.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Never heard before of laboratory type filter paper or a coffee filter solution! Glad I found this website and learned a way to separate the dust from the lubricant.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1