How do you name weaves
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 96

Posted on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:58 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Structurally, it is Open Road. Doubling the inner rows of small vertical rings is really not a sufficient enough change to consider it a weave unto itself; neither is the difference in AR. These are more style/design preferences than structural changes.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 11

Posted on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Why then was kalamos accepted?

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Karpeth wrote:
kalamos was accepted, that's the end of it.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:50 am || Last edited by Karpeth on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

djgm wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
kalamos was accepted, that's the end of it.

Weaves have come under scrutiny before. Why is asking a question Getting such animosity from you?

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:38 pm

From what I gather, standards and scrutiny have varied over time.
Combine that with a reluctance to un-accept weaves, and the library has at least a few examples that would not be accepted today but remain nevertheless.

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 am

Nárrína wrote:
Structurally, it is Open Road. Doubling the inner rows of small vertical rings is really not a sufficient enough change to consider it a weave unto itself; neither is the difference in AR. These are more style/design preferences than structural changes.

I do see why you said it is Open Road and do not argue that. So, if I continued tweaking it until I was satisfied with it and it wound up different in structure then you would claim it as a separate weave? I ask because I intend to keep tweaking it until it stops getting stuck on itself because it can be frustrating.

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:28 am

I am not upset about the conversation here, but please stay civil. I am sure that we all know that there is a real person reading all these messages, and I would prefer no one get upset over this topic.

Submissions: 96

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

DaisukiRin wrote:
Nárrína wrote:

I do see why you said it is Open Road and do not argue that. So, if I continued tweaking it until I was satisfied with it and it wound up different in structure then you would claim it as a separate weave? I ask because I intend to keep tweaking it until it stops getting stuck on itself because it can be frustrating.

It will depend on the type of changes (changes to actual structure/behaviour vs changes to appearance only) and the degree of change, but, yes, there is the possibility to turn it into something that could be named as a separate weave variant or modification. Just keep experimenting with it, I'm sure you can come up with something Smile .

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:37 pm

Nárrína wrote:
DaisukiRin wrote:
Nárrína wrote:

It will depend on the type of changes (changes to actual structure/behaviour vs changes to appearance only) and the degree of change, but, yes, there is the possibility to turn it into something that could be named as a separate weave variant or modification. Just keep experimenting with it, I'm sure you can come up with something Smile .

I will keep that in mind as I continue to make the adjustments. Thank you for your help in identifying the weave.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2