***Entries for Theme Contest 33 - Sculpture***
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 106

***Entries for Theme Contest 33 - Sculpture***
Posted on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:22 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

The theme for Contest 33 will be Sculpture. Entries will be accepted for a little over 12 weeks, from now until the end of Friday December 23, 2016. Submit your entries in this thread with pictures and a description. Please start a new post for each entry instead of putting multiple entries in one post.

Be sure to read and follow the rules of the contest listed below. (Seriously, read them, follow them! If you have questions, just ask.) Also, as always, please don't put any pictures in here that aren't actual submissions.

If you plan on entering the contest, let me know in here with an "I'm in". Okay! Ready, Set, Go make something that looks like a maille sculpture!

Contest Rules
1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite and placing the picture in your post with the Img link. Please don't make us hunt for your entry because it is posted on another site. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 100

Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm

[img]
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img]
[img] so here we have some small creatures skull made of stainless steel with brass spikes. rings are 12swg 1/2 7/16 3/8 5/16 1/4 14swg3/8 16swg 1/4 3/16 there are no significant portions of any specific weave worth mentioning. probly around 2 to 3 hundred rings and 5 to 10 hours construction i wasnt really keeping track.[/img]

I'm in
Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:23 pm

[img]
[/img] this on is made with stainless steel 16swg 5/16 & 3/16 plus that 12swg 1/2 for the pin ring. hopefully it looks somewhat like my intention. weaves are HP3in1 sheet 6, Rattlers Back, and Bias Euro 4in1 at the top.

Submissions: 30

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:15 am

I'm in the process of completing the order for my first ever large sale but if I can manage to find the time I may enter this contest.

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:39 pm

this hummingbird can perch and hang though the wings are kinda small so it probably doesnt fly all that well. rings are 16swg 1/4, 3/16 18swg 3/16, 5/32, 1/8. a fair bit of euro 4in1, hp 3in1 on the wings and a bunch of twisted nonsense.

[img]
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img]

Submissions: 13

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:35 am

I may be in!

Submissions: 13

Posted on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 pm

That hummingbird is awesome!

Here is my first entry(not sure if there will be more) a coneflower. It started with trying to make a hoodoo type flower but transformed into this. A mix of numerous weaves.

Posted on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:13 am

that turned out great Mellsy. I saw the WIP pic on facebook, the stem goes nicely.

Submissions: 61

Posted on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:15 am

Oh that cornflower is pretty!

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:44 am

One more day for entries!

I might make the voting period for the winner 2 weeks instead of one. People are pretty busy this time of year. Any thoughts? (That's the VOTING PERIOD... NOT THE ENTRIES.)
Thank you!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:56 am

Yeah two weeks is good. Doubt anyone will stop from christmas til newyears youre right.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1