***Entries for Theme Contest 32 - Footwear***
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 106

***Entries for Theme Contest 32 - Footwear***
Posted on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:19 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

The theme for Contest 32 will be Footwear. Entries will be accepted for 12 weeks, from now until the end of Friday September 2, 2016. Submit your entries in this thread with pictures and a description. Please start a new post for each entry instead of putting multiple entries in one post.

Be sure to read and follow the rules of the contest listed below. (Seriously, read them, follow them! If you have questions, just ask.) Also, as always, please don't put any pictures in here that aren't actual submissions.

If you plan on entering the contest, let me know in here with an "I'm in". Okay! Ready, Set, Go make something that smells like a foot!

Contest Rules
1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite and placing the picture in your post with the Img link. Please don't make us hunt for your entry because it is posted on another site. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 15

Posted on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:38 pm

If time allows, I am in.

[Gator Jay][Here to learn more.]

Submissions: 28

Posted on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

This will be my first attempt at a contest, but I'm in!

I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Submissions: 4

... If time allows
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Ohhhh this sounds like fun, I'm in!

Submissions: 30

Posted on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:35 pm

I'm in.

Posted on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:42 pm

In looking at the past contests, I've noticed that most people don't post until it's close to the deadline.

I wonder why that is?

With any luck, I'll have my first piece photographed and posted by the end of the week.

I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Posted on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Evilroboknee wrote:
In looking at the past contests, I've noticed that most people don't post until it's close to the deadline.

I wonder why that is?

With any luck, I'll have my first piece photographed and posted by the end of the week.

Usually I think it's because people work up until the deadline or at the very least allow some time for them to tweak the piece until it's as good as it can be. Although there is a psychological element to entry timing too. If there are, say, two amazing entries but one has been in the thread for several weeks and one goes up on the last day of the contest, the newer one will seem more fresh and exciting. I like to think the former is the main reason though.

As for my entry, I'm still waiting for my testing materials to arrive, then a week after that I should be able to finally start on the real piece. I don't expect to finish before the end of August at least.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Evilroboknee wrote:

I wonder why that is?

It's because we are all dirty, nasty, stinking procrastinators! Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 96

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:03 pm

lorraine wrote:
Evilroboknee wrote:

I wonder why that is?

It's because we are all dirty, nasty, stinking procrastinators! Very Happy

I don't procrastinate............................. I can do that later.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Posted on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:41 am

LOL Coif LoL Laughing Razz

Posted on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:42 am

I'm starting to worry about the pace of my work so far. My entry is intended to be a pair but I may only get one of the pieces done.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Seem ambitious if its taking that long. Lots of people only have one leg.we arnt going for fEEtwear here Uber

Posted on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:51 am

djgm wrote:
Seem ambitious if its taking that long. Lots of people only have one leg.we arnt going for fEEtwear here Uber

Part of the problem is that I usually can only manage to fit in about an hour of work every day, and on the rare occasions where I do have several hours I tend to get distracted after an hour anyway. All the distractions are turning out great, though.

Posted on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:57 am

The ideas that I have are for one foot. I guess they could be made into pairs, but I lack the materials, and I get distracted as well, and move on to something else.

Posted on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:57 am

I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from this contest. My interest in the project has been waning and I won't finish at my current pace. I've decided to focus on things I'm finding more interesting at the moment.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next