Medo-Persian; Fieldstone and Sweetpea Article: Wrong weaves?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 30

Medo-Persian; Fieldstone and Sweetpea Article: Wrong weaves?
Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:43 pm || Last edited by Cinnibar on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Ok, I've stared at the article Medo-Persian; Fieldstone and Sweetpea - The Differences (http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=752) for a couple months off and on. I've tried asking the original author about, but she refuses to look at what I keep trying to ask her about, keeps telling me I'm wrong with no explanation.

What confuses me is that it appears to show two Fieldstone chains instead of a Fieldstone and Medo-Persian chain in the images. If someone can help explain to me to remove my confusion, please?

I've assembled some images to illustrate my confusion...

The original image, claimed to be Fieldstone(top) vs Medo-Persian rotated 90 degrees. Looks like Fieldstone vs Fieldstone with the wrong rings colored in.

Here I've changed the labeling on the rings to point out that the construction is the same, that it's the same chain. Yellow through two Red... Yellow is to the RIGHT of Blue. Grey is to the RIGHT of Red.

Above, Fieldstone in four colors. Below, Medo Persian in four colors. Note that the Silver is to the RIGHT of the Bronze in both chains, but the Purple is to the RIGHT of Blue in Fieldstone and Purple is to the LEFT of Blue in Medo Persian.

Above, Fieldstone in four colors. Below, Medo Persian in four colors. Note that the Silver is to the RIGHT of the Bronze in both chains, but the Purple is to the RIGHT of Blue in Fieldstone and Purple is to the LEFT of Blue in Medo Persian.

I've cropped, lined up my fieldstone (original, rotated 90) chain versus the two original chains. Looks the same, top and bottom.

I've cropped, lined up my medo persian (original, rotated 90) chain versus the two original chains. Does NOT look the same as either. The single rings aren't in the same places.

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Side note : the author, is asking me not to use her images. As far as I know, commentary/review/criticism fall under Fair Use.

The author has blocked me after this and now refuses any communication, which sucks.

Submissions: 378

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm

i hope communication opens up again. looking into it.

Submissions: 378

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 pm || Last edited by mithrilweaver on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total

i pulled out my samples and found that medo persian has center rings that are all 5 in 1.

field stone's center rings are all 3 in 1 on one side and 5 in 1 on the other side.

upon further review:

corvus's pics seem to show no sample of a medo persian chain. i'm only seeing field stone samples with one side center rings 3 in 1 and the other side center rings 5 in 1.

cinnibar, your samples show medo persian and field stone. medo persian with all center rings 5 in 1.

i don't doubt that corvus know the difference between these weaves. she is very knowledgeable. i think a pic got misplaced maybe?

Submissions: 337

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 pm

This was discussed at length in 2009
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=12295&highlight=fieldstone
It was confirmed by several admin and members at the time that the 3 weaves were distinctly different ring interactions.
I believe this post to be malicious as I have just issued the poster with a take down notice for using my images on Imgur.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:18 pm

I blocked your messages on facebook Stephen because I asked you not to message me after discussing this with you at length and you continued to harass me

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:43 pm || Last edited by Corvus on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

mithrilweaver wrote:

upon further review:

corvus's pics seem to show no sample of a medo persian chain. i'm only seeing field stone samples with one side center rings 3 in 1 and the other side center rings 5 in 1.

Please look again it does show Medo-Persian which was confirmed by the weave submitter at the time.

Maille Code

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:43 pm

You were cordial and polite initially, but kept directing me to the comment thread that contradicted the article pictures as explanation. Even when I tried showing higher quality pics, you disagreed. I needed independent verification of whether I was conpletely confused or whether there was a minor factual error.

The only way to do that is mark up and reference the original pictures, a form of Fair Use as commentary/review. I never claimed them as my own or reproduced them in entirety, only the segments necessary to question my sanity.

My goal never was nor is a personal attack... I'm just trying to fix a ring or two. I hold you in the highest respect and admiration and having one of my idols angry at me makes me very upset and sad. I'm trying to do the right thing... get correct information to the community, not hurt you.

dren, I list fieldstone as my favorite weave! I've got stepping stone as a close second! The elegance of what you produce baffles and amazes me.

I just want the article, YOUR article, which you produced with YOUR effort and time, to be the valuavle resource it deserves to be.

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm an emotional mess because I have to choose between finding Truth and not hurting someone I aspire to be like.

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:49 pm

You've already hurt me. Your messages to me were personal attacks, you did not ask at any time to use my images therefore not fair use, you continued to harass me when I asked you not to. Myself and others on FB including ZiLi answered your questions to the point of repetitiveness and now you are continuing to harass me here. I am happy for the admins to look into this and ask me to correct the article should any proof of error be found. Do not contact me again.

Maille Code

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Derivative (fair use for commentary/analysis) works have been removed from imgur and rehosted here. If the admins disagree with intent of fair use/discussion of M.A.I.L. articles on the M.A.I.L. site itself, they may remove them.

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:14 pm

I could always remove my article as I am the copyright holder, then you cannot use my images at all. The article is posted on Maillers Worldwide so people can still use it. Would that make you happy?

You first sent a private message on facebook about this on September 7th, I have politely talked with you about it since then to the point of us both repeating ourselves. I did not ignore you. Yesterday I asked you to stop as 3 months is enough for anyone but you continued.

Maille Code

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Removing the article would NOT make me happy.

Continuing to discuss ( and point out how awesome you are, not sarcasm!) Is my goal. I want truth, you happy.

I want free and open discussion about your article so I might learn something without being threatened with legal action, too.

Posted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:26 pm

you caused that and I've had enough

I will consider removing my article as all I want at this point is for you to leave me alone

Maille Code

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 am

Please keep it civil folks.
For disputes on Facebook, please use the resolution options (as it seems like you have) on Facebook.

For disputes on MAIL, please contact an Admin if you feel that you have been slighted...

Please don't draw it out in public.

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next