Strange how the world works some days...
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 5

Strange how the world works some days...
Posted on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:17 am || Last edited by Levi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Many of you probably remember my chainmaille face mask, "Irene" that I entered into contest #20 "One ring size". If you don't know, you can see the entry pic here.

Well as of this afternoon, she's spread her wings and left the house, taking 4 of my bracelets with her. Seems she somehow caught the eye of a London fashion director and has run off to "the big apple" for some kind of photo shoot next week.

One day their just a pile of rings on your table, a few years later they leave the home and head off to the big city... I'm not sure what's in Irene's future but I sure hope she has fun and makes an impact on a few people while doing it. With any luck she will raise "maille awareness" to a new level.

I know it's a bit of a cryptic post but it's about as factual as I can be at the moment. Irene promised me she'd call home next week to give me more details, when I know more I'll pass it on. I'm so excited for her!

It is remotely possible that I'm the victim of an excessively complicated plan to steal Irene, which is still flattering but if what she tells me is true, we may just see Irene on the cover of a .... well it's not Rolling Stone but it's still an impressive publication for which I never could have fathomed being a part of.

I know how they found me but I still can't believe it. I'm so absolutely thrilled about the request to have Irene included in their work, I can barely think straight and it seems I'm not sleeping much either.

Anyway that's about all I can say for now, I should know more next week. If your in the lower Manhattan area, keep an eye out for Irene. I worry about her, she has this weird thing for photographers...

Mostly Harmless

Submissions: 100

Posted on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 am

lol Laughing

Submissions: 106

Posted on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:41 am

I hope they all come home. But still, it's always nice to know someone appreciates your work enough to... appropriate it! Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 39

Posted on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:28 am

Great to hear! When you know more let us know and I also send the wishes that everything comes back safely.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 5

Posted on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks guys.

I told the director to keep the bracelets, they can take them back to London. I like the bracelets but I'd rather give them to someone who may themselves wear them or at least get others to wear them. If this person wants to include more maille in their work then by all means, they've used maille in a few of their shots before, so why not give them more options.

As for Irene, I did ask that she be returned, for which assurances have been made that she will. If she doesn't come home, I won't be crushed. At the end of the day, I know I made her and if she runs off with some photographer to "see the world", she's been warned, "I won't be flying to Columbia to get to get you out of jail...", ...kids, what can you do!

It only figures that the running contest here is "head wear" and I just gave away my best working example of a head wear piece. Not that I was planning on submitting Irene again, she just would have been a good reference to have on-hand for the new project.

Ah well, good thing I have lots of pictures and a good memory.
/shouts "To the drawing board!"
/realizes he doesn't have a drawing board.
/goes back to playing Icewind Dale EE.

Mostly Harmless

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:55 am

If the worst comes to the worst, you know there are people you can talk to. You wouldn't be the first person to have their work half inched by some snotty little tea leaf.

I lost a shops worth of stuff once (about 8 pieces). Girl I knew buggered off back to America with a shops worth of stock on sale or return. She was not popular around Camden. Then there was the maille whip. Admittedly it was stolen off the guy who I sold it too but bit of a blow none the less.

If you make nice stuff some bugger is going to try and make off with it. I hope the mask returns safely. It is difficult "lending stuff out" but rewarding. Gotta take the risk sometimes eh? Very Happy

Submissions: 22

Posted on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 am

Any news on Irene, Levi?

www.melodytallon.com

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1