Weave Admin Position
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 97

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I actually only just learned of Lotos's post today. I came back a few weeks ago after being overly busy in regular life.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Well, regardless of your position narrina, I feel that someone who is more currently active should take over the main responsibilty, such as TCG.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:30 am

Slagr wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
I am still here actually.

Really sorry about the over long MIA, regular life has seriously been getting in the way of things here and elsewhere.

Does this mean you are reapplying for the position?

She doesn't need to reapply for the position. She already has it.

Nárrína wrote:
Slagr wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
I am still here actually.

Really sorry about the over long MIA, regular life has seriously been getting in the way of things here and elsewhere.

Does this mean you are reapplying for the position?

If the rest of the BoD and the membership are alright with it then yes, but if they would rather someone else then I won't stand in the way of that.

In DL's defense, we haven't heard from you in quite awhile and the weave queue is rather long. If you no longer have the time to be Weaves Admin, there is no shame in that! People get tired of the sniping, real life happens, etc. Communication with the other admins is a must, however. We can't read minds. I would suggest you start a topic in Admin Discussion.

Corvus wrote:
Well as Narrina is currently approving or denying weaves, then she currently holds the position.
If she doesn't then why have my submitted weaves been moved to the gallery by her? Surely that decision should only have been made by the weaves admin.

Those decisions were clearly made by Narrina and no one else. An easy way to check this is to look at Site Update Feed (right next to Announcements on the front page). It's all right there. out in the open for anyone to see.

Karpeth wrote:
Well, regardless of your position narrina, I feel that someone who is more currently active should take over the main responsibilty, such as TCG.

Once again, this thread is not meant to be a popularity contest.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:41 am

I know. I'm not really upset with DL. I was surprised, yes, but not miffed or anything. I meant to pop back in much sooner than now, things just keep getting in the way.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 am

Nárrína wrote:
I know. I'm not really upset with DL. I was surprised, yes, but not miffed or anything. I meant to pop back in much sooner than now, things just keep getting in the way.

I understand. Do you still want to continue as Weaves Admin?

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:55 am

I would like to yes.

I know I've been much slower in dealing with submissions than I used to, especially when a submission requires making a sample for closer evaluation. This in particular is when a submission gets bogged down the most as it's sometimes difficult to find time to work on the sample. However, this is somewhere where perhaps some help could be given to speed this up. If another admin/mod would like to help make samples and give their thoughts when the stability/structure of a submission that is in question this might help keep them from backing up so badly.

(Especially since I'm in the middle of redoing my entire workspace.)

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:57 am

Nárrína wrote:
I would like to yes.

I know I've been much slower in dealing with submissions than I used to, especially when a submission requires making a sample for closer evaluation. This in particular is when a submission gets bogged down the most as it's sometimes difficult to find time to work on the sample. However, this is somewhere where perhaps some help could be given to speed this up. If another admin/mod would like to help make samples and give their thoughts when the stability/structure of a submission that is in question this might help keep them from backing up so badly.

I've been trying to help by making some of the weave submissions. I can't make all of them because... well I don't know how. Sometimes there is not enough information. But you should develop a network of people who can help you when you have questions. It's not an easy job.

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:05 am

lorraine wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
I would like to yes.

I've been trying to help by making some of the weave submissions. I can't make all of them because... well I don't know how. Sometimes there is not enough information. But you should develop a network of people who can help you when you have questions. It's not an easy job.

I noticed and that has been greatly appreciated! I know, that's another reason why they sometimes sit there for a while. Thanks for the suggestion, Lorraine, I'll work on that. I really don't like letting the queue get this backed up.

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 100

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:23 am

i'd be happy to help create weave submission samples if you post to the forum, though i guess you can't put peoples submissions in the forum without their consent.

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 am

djgm wrote:
i'd be happy to help create weave submission samples if you post to the forum, though i guess you can't put peoples submissions in the forum without their consent.

Thanks, Djgm. I appreciate the offer, and will keep you in mind. If I do, I won't be posting the submissions publicly, but via PMs.

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 337

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:38 am

lorraine wrote:

Corvus wrote:
Well as Narrina is currently approving or denying weaves, then she currently holds the position.
If she doesn't then why have my submitted weaves been moved to the gallery by her? Surely that decision should only have been made by the weaves admin.

Those decisions were clearly made by Narrina and no one else. An easy way to check this is to look at Site Update Feed (right next to Announcements on the front page). It's all right there. out in the open for anyone to see.

My point in saying that lorraine was that only the weaves admin could make those decisions, therefore Narrina must still be weaves admin, therefore she has no need to apply for a position she already holds.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 15

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Regarding removal of weaves - it's Been Done before. CMB's Double Boxed Byzantine is One example.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 544

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:42 pm

I removed a few of my own, yes:

Double Boxed Byzantine
Japanese Something
Boxcage Web Square
Flat Box

I moved them to the gallery.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 36

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:59 pm

lorraine wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
"...a submission gets bogged down the most as it's sometimes difficult to find time to work on the sample. However, this is somewhere where perhaps some help could be given to speed this up. If another admin/mod would like to help make samples and give their thoughts when the stability/structure of a submission that is in question this might help keep them from backing up so badly..."

"...you should develop a network of people who can help you when you have questions..."

This may be the single most rational exchange on the subject in the months since it was first brought up. Why this wasn't the very first idea to fix the situation is beyond me.

Nárrína already has the ability, the familiarity with the library, the understanding of the concepts, and most importantly, the desire to have the job. But, like most of us, she also has a real life, and not enough time to perform the job in the way it ought be performed.

There are at least a half dozen folks offering their services for the job, who may or may not have the qualifications to be the new Weaves Admin, but would more than certainly serve well in the capacity of Weaves Admin ASSISTANTS, as it were.

BAMM! Here ya go, here's the "network of people who can help you when you have questions", or just as likely, a lack of time to handle the job in the way it ought be handled. Assemble the "Weave Mob", call upon their help when needed, and leave the final say in the hands of a single person. Could the solution be simpler?

My consulting rate is $95/hour, minimum charge 2 hours, to whom should I be directing the invoice? Wink

Submissions: 28

Posted on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:47 pm

madd_vyking wrote:
This may be the single most rational exchange on the subject in the months since it was first brought up. Why this wasn't the very first idea to fix the situation is beyond me.

It isn't the first time this issue and solution has been brought up. Example. I'm really unsure why nothing has changed (which is why I'm making this post to be a bit more adamant this time around).

I still stick with my comments from the last time a thread like this came up:
TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
I wouldn't say Narnia is struggling under pressure from the position. She is struggling to find enough volunteer-able time to keep up with the demand of the userbase. (I'm aware mithrilweaver has not been the only one asking for a turnaround - Slagr was eager to get his weave through before the end of a gallery contest).

This site needs new and dedicated individuals that can be trusted in their positions. No new admins have been added in the past 1/3rd of this sites existence - That by itself is a major "aging" issue for anywhere on the internet.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 6. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next