Weave Admin Position
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:07 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

karpeth you must be understanding of lorrains frustration, these types of discussions have been going on for a while and a number of us feel we are getting nowhere because most the ideas being thrown around by all of us are somewhat radical to the existing construct. either that or people just suggest augmentations that are already planned for the site. when a new weave admin is instated I expect there will be little change, there has been a flurry of enthusiasm lately as if the whole site could be overhauled inside of the year but the truth is the weave admin will still be under fire as they were in the past I am sure, we would be better to spend our time developing new content be it Gallery posts, articles or weaves rather than obsessing over changing the existing content.

Submissions: 337

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:35 pm

djgm wrote:
... we would be better to spend our time developing new content be it Gallery posts, articles or weaves rather than obsessing over changing the existing content.

the voice of reason

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Karpeth wrote:
lorraine wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
My topic is not based on ugly. It is based on undefined/unrecognisable/wrong.

Two weaves are not even maille.
Certain other are duplicates and wrongly tagged.

Be specific about the weaves you are talking about. If the current admin don't agree, then be a grown-ass person and stop griping about it. Or... you can bring it up in PM with the new weaves admin in the future. If that also goes south, please stop griping about it? SRSLY!

Look, I am not interested in an argument with you. Narrinna is so seldom here that this topic was created. Furthermore, discussion is more interesting than ranting. The only gripe is from you. I responded because I felt accused.

She is not arguing with you, she wants examples. All of your posts are either vague and/or confusing. If you wrote more about what you are actually referring to (and linked to weaves "mentioned"), people could respond to you in ways that are constructive.

Corvus wrote:
djgm wrote:
... we would be better to spend our time developing new content be it Gallery posts, articles or weaves rather than obsessing over changing the existing content.

the voice of reason

Indeed.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:12 pm

I tried to Go indepth before. The response was always "make a list."

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:06 pm

djgm wrote:
just to break the other rule from what ive seen of trench guy would make a more than competent weave admin, i dont think Lorraine really wants the aggravation.

That's actually a fair and accurate statement.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Re: Weave Admin Position
Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 am

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Narrina has been MIA since September, and there are (at current count) 26 weaves in the queue.

Is there any estimate when this jam is solved?

My 1st submission has been in progress since 17th of May (this year) with Narrina. I guess there are many of us waiting for their submissions to be published.
Is someone working on them? Or are we just waiting in vain? Should I send my submissions to someone else now?
Coif Cool Smiley

Paivi Lemmikki

Submissions: 28

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Paivi_S wrote:
Is someone working on them? Or are we just waiting in vain? Should I send my submissions to someone else now?
Coif Cool Smiley

My guess is the "work" on them is currently in finding a replacement. The wait is not in vain... but it is lengthy. This thread's purpose is to get timing back on track. It has been apparent in the past that this community tends to prefer making good choices rather than quick choices. I'd also like a response for your first question.

djgm wrote:
just to break the other rule from what ive seen of trench guy would make a more than competent weave admin, i dont think Lorraine really wants the aggravation.

*Beats djgm's fingers for breaking another rule*
Yeah, I don't have the post history or the gallery image assortment that most others do, but I do encourage anyone that doesn't recognize my username to explore threads in the weave subforum - I'm a fairly frequent visitor there that enjoys going in depth... I've been tinkering with the idea of restarting sakredchao's weave study threads, but still kinda need to finish up other projects so that it doesn't become a pile of "too much to be productive anywhere". I've been itching to get back to this project.

Karpeth wrote:
I tried to Go indepth before. The response was always "make a list."

I was the one primarily asking for said list. The specificity needs to be there in order to fix the grievance or explain the situation. I made efforts to comment on the specifics when they came up (and weren't yet addressed by others).

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 pm

I believe that you Will be a most competent admin, and I would like to talk about My list, should you be appointed.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:38 pm

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
Paivi_S wrote:
Coif Cool Smiley

My guess is the "work" on them is currently in finding a replacement. The wait is not in vain... but it is lengthy. This thread's purpose is to get timing back on track. It has been apparent in the past that this community tends to prefer making good choices rather than quick choices. I'd also like a response for your first question.

Thx TrenchCoatGuy, I'm glad to hear that there is hope in getting 'the 1st submission published'. Very Happy
We'll keep on waiting for your great choice! Coif Smiley

Paivi Lemmikki

Submissions: 97

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm

I am still here actually.

Really sorry about the over long MIA, regular life has seriously been getting in the way of things here and elsewhere.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 30

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Nárrína wrote:

Really sorry about the over long MIA, regular life has seriously been getting in the way of things here and elsewhere.

Does this mean you are reapplying for the position?

Submissions: 97

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Slagr wrote:
Nárrína wrote:

Does this mean you are reapplying for the position?

If the rest of the BoD and the membership are alright with it then yes, but if they would rather someone else then I won't stand in the way of that.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

How can she re-apply for a position she already holds?

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 30

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:23 pm

Corvus wrote:
How can she re-apply for a position she already holds?

The same reason incumbent politicians have to campaign for their current jobs. DL opened the position up, so it seems reasonable that Nárrína would have to reapply.

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Well as Narrina is currently approving or denying weaves, then she currently holds the position.
If she doesn't then why have my submitted weaves been moved to the gallery by her? Surely that decision should only have been made by the weaves admin.

Maille Code

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 6. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next