View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 100

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:10 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

madd_vyking wrote:
djgm wrote:
...my creations don't get out to fight crime or the galaxy much Smile

...likely because of your lack of appropriate accessorization, ie, you may need to get to work on a cape and some tights... Very Happy
i have a big black trenchcoat and baby blue skinny jeans, should make for an interesting night out.

Submissions: 26

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Ding dong.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:43 am

... So how appropriate/lame would it be to submit something that would theoretically be part of a cosplay?

Assuming I actually a) get the idea to work and b) find the time to make it.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 am

Bobette wrote:
... So how appropriate/lame would it be to submit something that would theoretically be part of a cosplay?

If it fit the theme, submit away Smile

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 24

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:53 am

Bobette wrote:
... So how appropriate/lame...

Stop right there.
The only lame submissions are not submitting anything (and blurry images that you can't make out the awesome something that someone made).

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Submissions: 4

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:04 am

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
Bobette wrote:
... So how appropriate/lame...

Stop right there.
The only lame submissions are not submitting anything (and blurry images that you can't make out the awesome something that someone made).

Ok yes. I shall do the thing. Assuming I can get it done before the end of the month, only just realized that this contest was posted in November ...

Hi I've been active on this site for about a week, still working on figuring out and noticing all of the things

Submissions: 2

Posted on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 am

Bobette wrote:

Assuming I actually a) get the idea to work and b) find the time to make it.

I've done it a number of times. As long as it fits the theme, you're able to submit almost anything you want.

Welcome! Coif LoL

Submissions: 8

Posted on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:57 pm

As much as I hate to add an entry not made by djgm to this contest, here is my offering (on a serious note, they are wonderful pieces of work djgm).

Chainmail falls is an idea I have been working on off and on for about a year and a half and this contest, combined with an epiphany around Christmas on the design, gave me a chance to work on version 3 of the design.

The front headband is Euro 4-1 from 8mm stainless steel square section washers. The falls are aluminium from Ring Lord, a mix of 8mm (1.6mm), 6mm (1.2mm) and 5mm (1mm) in a variety of weaves (Roundmaille, Box, Byzantine, Half Persian, Flower, Spiral 8-2, 2-2, 4-1)

Posted on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:34 pm || Last edited by ClymAngus on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oooooo that's nice. An idea that has been punted around for at least 8 years in certain social circles. No one had the time to build a prototype until YOU came along. With a certain amount of "weaponization" this could do much for universal kudos maybe even the bank balance when marketed to the right kind of people.

Excellent work. (I love it when this site delights, an event that is enjoyably less than rare.)

Also.... That is at least (based on your closures and variances), 3-4 or more years making chainmaille. I love it when people hit the forum with a BANG! Shock and awe. Tried and tested tactic.

I would enjoy seeing your more informative pieces, if you have the time to indulge me. Your a tricky thing to find. Who are you? Not that I'm complaining, I do love a mystery. Very Happy

I do not mean to be sinister. But things like you are rare, and I like rare.

Posted on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Oh Clym darling you flatter me.

I already have some small alterations and ideas to try to add variety. If I have time I may make another one or two with these changes.

So much to build, so little time

Posted on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Yay for more entries!! Smile nicely done Raph, reminds me of aliens a la starwars or fifth element, definatly some dreadheads out there that would go crazy for one of these.

Posted on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Oh dear, I'm a prat I know who that is. I know who helped train him and now I'm pretty bloody sure he's going to win.....

This situation has more karma than Buddha on a pogo stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZD1f9RTEJU

Hang on.... I appear to be wearing a Brown hoodie and I smell like an old man? Oh t*ts!

I need a beer. Coif LoL

Posted on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:15 am

oh go on OB1:)

Posted on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Just a quick little one here. The Headdress of the Avian Warrior Queen (better name suggestions welcomed).

Quick little project, headband is Euro 4-1 with a broken Half Persian edging, drops are 2-2 and Spiral 4-1. The third image is to better display where the drops sit when worn as mannequin heads are tiny.

So much to build, so little time.

Currently attempting a Build of the week for 2016. Results can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/raphaelschainmaille/albums/883352845105427

Submissions: 30

Posted on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38 am

On one hand all the design changes I've had to implement for my entry will take me right up the wire to finish, but on the other hand my original entry would have looked like djgm's superhero mask with Raphael's dreadlocks.

But don't worry, this contest will not just be between two people.

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next