4%  [ 1 ]
Playing Card Suits
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Submissions: 100

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:11 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

i have to say im a fan of floor sweepings as a theme if only because its come up a number of times, i do need to sort my stock though, seriously. TRL needs to start sending in resealable bags Smile

Submissions: 106

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:01 am

madd_vyking wrote:
I, for one, am really hoping "floor sweepings" doesn't win... Seems far too vague a designation, to me. Make anything you like so long as it's made from your leftovers... Does that mean you can pirate your scrap pile of half done pieces for rings, or can you finish a piece on the scrap pile as your entry, even though you made it who knows when? What if you run out of rings, can you supplement with new rings, and if so, what percentage of the project can come from new stock? Guess I feel like my muse needs more direction than that. Smile 'Spose it's up to the voters...

ClymAngus wrote:
Supposing all your worst nightmares are realised. Someone cheats horrifically adding one additional link to something they made 5 years ago and go on to win by a land slide.......

Logic dictates that they will be found out or not. If so then they cheated on a small "fun" thing in one small dark corner of the internet and they will have a small shield taken off them that measures all of 20 by 20 pixels. Or they won't and they will keep a small shield by their name.......

Now I don't mean this in a frivolous way and I respect and admire your work immensely but the earth is still turning. Just sayin. Perspective wise this isn't a kiddie killer.

reform wrote:
I'm with madd_vyking, I hope floor sweepings doesn't win. I have carpet and cats and always clean up after myself if I drop anything. Unless someone steps in and clarifies what "counts" and what does not, I literally cannot participate in that theme.

lorraine wrote:
It's not cheating as long as what you make with the rings is during the time of the contest. Smile

Just in case Floor Sweepings becomes the theme, here are my thoughts.

Floor sweepings are rings. They are not patches of already woven rings. So as long as your entry follows the rules, specifically in this case:

1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

... then you are not cheating.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 313

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 am

Also, we're technically not supposed to discuss what the vote counts are during the voting period. This is certainly more of an issue when voting for a winning entry than what will be the theme. Oh well.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:29 am

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Also, we're technically not supposed to discuss what the vote counts are during the voting period. This is certainly more of an issue when voting for a winning entry than what will be the theme. Oh well.

Exactly! Vote on what you truly want as the theme and pay no attention to what other people have voted on. And please don't take my comments on any one theme as a special promotion of that theme. I really don't care what you pick. I'm only here to make clarifications. JUST PICK! Very Happy

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 26

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:

Once again the second that rule was broken I distinctly heard the earth crack in twain. We probably only have seconds to live........

I think we've been staring at rings too long again guys and girls. Might be time to grab a coffee and some fresh air. Very Happy

Submissions: 36

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:03 pm

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced... I fear something terrible has happened." Crying (very sad)

(why is there never a Darth Vader smiley when you need one...)

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Honestly I don't mean to be an a**hole about this but setting rules and wagging fingers will only get us so far. Some rules fine but then comes the small problem of enforcing them. At which point we realise that if someone is braking them in a cunning way, we will never know that we have been bested.

This is why I like lorraine, she is mimetic when it comes to this issue. The contrariness of the situation is not lost on her. Very Happy

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 pm

I agree wholeheartedly, none of this is as serious as it seems (in writing), I'm sure...

I think a large part of the "problem", if even there were a "problem" at all (it's less serious than a problem... call it a conundrum, maybe(?) ), is simply in the nature of these kinds of internet forums. Tone and intent, tone and intent. Sooooo much is lost without the face to face contact in these conversations, I imagine it would all seem so much less serious, and everyone would seem so much more amiable, if we were all sitting around a room enjoying a pint (or two... or three Very Happy ), than simply throwing words at a faceless screen.

Happy, happy, happy, everyone be happy!

Submissions: 11

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:12 pm

It seems the the only Two I really don't want are the ones in the lead.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:37 pm

inte titta på poängen!

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Lolololol...

Submissions: 11

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:52 pm

That's not the correct syntax.

The imperative form of "don't look at the score" is "titta inte på poängen".

The literal meaning of "do not look at the score" in swedish is "gör inte titta på poängen", but the verb conveys the "do", and therefore takes it's place.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:02 pm

More voting, less discussing what's in the lead! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Confused Uber Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embaressed Crying (very sad) Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Wink Coif Smiley Coif Cool Smiley Coif LoL Needlenose Pliers Cutters

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 20

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 pm

lorraine wrote:
More voting, less discussing what's in the lead! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Confused Uber Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embaressed Crying (very sad) Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Wink Coif Smiley Coif Cool Smiley Coif LoL Needlenose Pliers Cutters

I want "Inlays of DL's Avatar" to win >.>
<.<

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 313

Posted on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:19 pm

sigh

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next