4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Playing Card Suits
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Submissions: 106

***Vote for the theme of Contest 30***
Posted on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:14 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

It's time to vote for the theme of the next maille contest. Please vote for your choice of the theme for Contest #30 here. Everyone has a vote, and this thread will be open for one week until the end of Friday November 6, 2015.

Contest Rules
1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite and placing the picture in your post with the Img link. Please don't make us hunt for your entry because it is posted on another site. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Floor sweepings? I guess that would be a mish-mash of the left-over irregular forgotten rings. Interesting. Coif Smiley

Posted on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 pm

CBNathan wrote:
Floor sweepings? I guess that would be a mish-mash of the left-over irregular forgotten rings. Interesting. Coif Smiley

Pretty much. Smile It's something you made from the rings you spilled onto the floor and stashed into a container, meaning to sort them back into their proper containers later... but never quite got back to. I imagine it being something with many different ring sizes, materials, and colors. But still actually looking like you meant for it to look like that. Very Happy That's just my interpretation. Other's may vary.

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:29 pm

It has the added advantage of enabling everyone to get out the old "bits box" and make something out of all that old crap you've squirrelled away but can't bare to just bite the bullet and shovel into the bin. Think of it as a spring clean, but in late autumn.....

Erm, yeah!

Very Happy

Submissions: 100

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:52 am

i have many such random bags, would be good to use them more but i feel like im cheating, most my ringstock is mixed up in random bags i sort through atm

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:41 am

djgm wrote:
i have many such random bags, would be good to use them more but i feel like im cheating, most my ringstock is mixed up in random bags i sort through atm

It's not cheating as long as what you make with the rings is during the time of the contest. Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm

djgm wrote:

It's only cheating if you beat me. Very Happy

Submissions: 36

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:46 pm

I, for one, am really hoping "floor sweepings" doesn't win... Seems far too vague a designation, to me. Make anything you like so long as it's made from your leftovers... Does that mean you can pirate your scrap pile of half done pieces for rings, or can you finish a piece on the scrap pile as your entry, even though you made it who knows when? What if you run out of rings, can you supplement with new rings, and if so, what percentage of the project can come from new stock? Guess I feel like my muse needs more direction than that. Smile 'Spose it's up to the voters...

Submissions: 313

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Or:

Oops, I just accidentally dropped my entire supply of rings on the floor. I'd better get out the carpet sweeper. Laughing

That would be a mighty big job for some of us. Surprised

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Sometimes I'd really "like" to be able to <like> a post. ^^^^^This one up there!

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:19 pm

madd_vyking wrote:
I, for one, am really hoping "floor sweepings" doesn't win... Seems far too vague a designation, to me. Make anything you like so long as it's made from your leftovers... Does that mean you can pirate your scrap pile of half done pieces for rings, or can you finish a piece on the scrap pile as your entry, even though you made it who knows when? What if you run out of rings, can you supplement with new rings, and if so, what percentage of the project can come from new stock? Guess I feel like my muse needs more direction than that. Smile 'Spose it's up to the voters...

Supposing all your worst nightmares are realised. Someone cheats horrifically adding one additional link to something they made 5 years ago and go on to win by a land slide.......

Logic dictates that they will be found out or not. If so then they cheated on a small "fun" thing in one small dark corner of the internet and they will have a small shield taken off them that measures all of 20 by 20 pixels. Or they won't and they will keep a small shield by their name.......

Now I don't mean this in a frivolous way and I respect and admire your work immensely but the earth is still turning. Just sayin. Perspective wise this isn't a kiddie killer.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:01 pm

ClymAngus wrote:
Perspective wise this isn't a kiddie killer.

He didn't say it was??

I'm with madd_vyking, I hope floor sweepings doesn't win. I have carpet and cats and always clean up after myself if I drop anything. Unless someone steps in and clarifies what "counts" and what does not, I literally cannot participate in that theme.

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm far less worried about that than I sound, I guess... like you say, it's a very trivial thing in the grand scheme of things to "cheat" on. The whole thing is based on a trust thing, and especially for FUN(!), anyway... I don't have issues with that.

It's more for my OWN guidelines.

There's both the, "What on earth am I going to make?" ...when I can essentially make anything Wink (TOO MUCH freedom being a problem? I dunno(?) )

Then there's the, "What can I (personally) consider my 'floor sweepings'?" Though I've got dozens of scraps and unfinished projects, I very regularly sort through the little collection of rings that turns up on the floor, in the seat cushions, under the desk, in my beard Wink , etc, and send them back to their little baggy homes... I might only have a few dozen rings at a time in my official 'floor sweepings' pile.

So, it's more a personal thing, than an everybody else thing, for me...

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:33 pm

apologies sir I miss judged the focus of your motive. On the plus side it appears to be a 3 way tie at the moment so this may all end up being a little academic.

In any case, I'm a bit of a late starter to all of this. I've seen the competitions before but little floated my boat until now. (which is a pity as compy number 1 only had one entry so....... would have been good odds!)

If the choice is deemed to be a bad one then abstention is always an option. None of us should make because we feel we must. Here's hoping you get something you like. Smile

Posted on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:42 pm

No worries! And, back-atcha (as far as having a theme that interests you, as well)!!

No matter the theme, I'm likely to throw in, given the availability of enough time(in my world), I reckon.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 4. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next