***Brainstorming for Theme Contest 30 Ideas***
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 106

***Brainstorming for Theme Contest 30 Ideas***
Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:34 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

It's time to brainstorm for the theme of Contest 30. You have one week to suggest ideas. All seconded ideas will be voted on. (You do not have to second an idea that has already been seconded.) Brainstorming will end on Friday October 23, 2015.
1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite and placing the picture in your post with the Img link. Please don't make us hunt for your entry because it is posted on another site. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Gratz Madd_V great piece. I would suggest WRAP for next contest, thanks.

Submissions: 36

Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks, CBNathan!

Gotta ask... "WRAP" - is that an acronym, or do you mean "wrap", as in something wrapped?

I will have to review previous contests to see what has not yet been done before I make my suggestion...

Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 pm

CBNathan wrote:
Gratz Madd_V great piece. I would suggest WRAP for next contest, thanks.

I have to ask, just like madd_vyking, do you mean WRAP as something different from a wrap? Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 26

Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:16 pm

madd_vyking wrote:
Thanks, CBNathan!

Gotta ask... "WRAP" - is that an acronym, or do you mean "wrap", as in something wrapped?

I will have to review previous contests to see what has not yet been done before I make my suggestion...

To that end (and as the list grows longer) It maybe useful to generate a past list of competitions and unused suggestions. It would take about an hour to compile but if it would help I could string it together. Smile

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:26 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Theme Contest Archives

This is at the end of EVERY Theme Contest thread. (I need to update #29.)

Edit: I updated #29.
Also, while looking at what was suggested in other threads is great, please don't let that stop people from suggesting things that have never been suggested before?

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 5

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 am

Grats madd_vyking, those goggles are exactly what the contest ordered. Very nicely done.

As for a theme suggestion, Macro or Mega maille.

Mostly Harmless

Submissions: 26

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:16 am

lorraine wrote:
Theme Contest Archives

This is at the end of EVERY Theme Contest thread. (I need to update #29.)

Edit: I updated #29.
Also, while looking at what was suggested in other threads is great, please don't let that stop people from suggesting things that have never been suggested before?

Good to know and as for suggestions that were never called. Review is useful, if at the very least it stops us or encourages us to repeat ourselves. For it is the bane of human kind that we forget. I like the more objective based ideas and single word guideline that has been started here....

What about;

Rigid.

And I second mega-maille

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:09 am

Thank you, Levi!

Very much a fan of your entry, and I do hope you share it in other venues, as well-- it deserves to be seen. Don't know if you are much into facebook, but there are a number of large groups on there dedicated to both steampunk and metal fabricating, any of which would surely welcome your share.

I've seen the links, for what has come before, and was definitely looking to use them more as a what NOT to suggest, as they've been done before. Can one go back as well to find the theme nomination threads? If looked to me, after only a quick perusal, that you could only find the last few contests readily.

So, as far as timing goes... Til next Friday to nominate (10/30)...through 11/ 6 to vote, then 12 weeks til the next contest is done? That puts us at 1/29/16... Super Bowl Season, just before Ground Hogs Day, a little more than 2 weeks before Valentine's Day... MLKJR Day and Presidents day are in the neighborhood, as well... Any international holidays? Give anybody any ideas?

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:03 pm

(sorry) I meant wrap as in wrap something with chainmaille but I invite other interpretations. I know it has been suggested before not sure if it was a contest.

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:51 pm

madd_vyking wrote:
I've seen the links, for what has come before, and was definitely looking to use them more as a what NOT to suggest, as they've been done before. Can one go back as well to find the theme nomination threads? If looked to me, after only a quick perusal, that you could only find the last few contests readily.

Click on all the "Brainstorming" threads in Theme Contest Archives and you will see all previous suggestions and whether or not they were seconded and voted on. That doesn't mean you can't suggest them again here though! Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Suggestions so far. *have been seconded.

Wraps
*Macro/Mega Maille
Rigid

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 61

Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Seconding Wraps.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Submissions: 61

Suggestions
Posted on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Theme: Headwear

Theme: Domestic

Theme: Rainbows

Theme: Floor sweepings

Theme: Entropy

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 am

I'll second "headware"... But it's not my proposition yet...

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next