Site problem
View previous topic | View next topic >
Post new topic Reply to topic
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help
   
Author Message

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 589
Submissions: 15

Site problem
Reply with quote
Posted on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:51 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

http://www.mailleartisans.org/submit/subguide.cgi

is using the old mail system, with many broken links.

Just wanted it brought to attention.


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 589
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Sorry for double post, but it contains too old guidelines as well.


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 3057
Submissions: 20
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Sure is.
And it's already on the list of things to be dealt with Smile



Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 589
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Sure is.
And it's already on the list of things to be dealt with Smile


That's great. Is the list in some way public, so I don't report known problems? Wink


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 3057
Submissions: 20
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:18 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
That's great. Is the list in some way public, so I don't report known problems? Wink


http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15022
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15295

Chunks of
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewforum.php?f=7

And some of
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewforum.php?f=9


Also, the Notes app on my phone... That one is just a list of "To-Do's"

This particular issue, would be covered publically under the "Parts of the site still to move to PHP"

There is no publically archived "Bug Tracker" though, that is also on the list Rolling Eyes



Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 589
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:01 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Another bug report!

Weave library contains 19 NULL entries at the end of the library.

Weave Zystolic Sheet, at page 1325/1344 is the last weave in the library. Page 1326 are just empty, while all ?page=XXXX from 1345 or above returns page 1. The behaviour is the same for all search sizes.

Curious Coincidence: Taniyama, the latest submitted weave has ?key=1345.
CC2: There are 20/21 queued submissions; eerily close to 19.

Or Perhaps I can't count. Razz


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 3057
Submissions: 20
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
Another bug report!

Weave library contains 19 NULL entries at the end of the library.

Weave Zystolic Sheet, at page 1325/1344 is the last weave in the library. Page 1326 are just empty, while all ?page=XXXX from 1345 or above returns page 1. The behaviour is the same for all search sizes.

Curious Coincidence: Taniyama, the latest submitted weave has ?key=1345.
CC2: There are 20/21 queued submissions; eerily close to 19.

Or Perhaps I can't count. Razz


Yes, but no.
They're not NULL, and they're not at the end of the library.

The search counter includes 19 "do not show" weaves when it returns page count. That's a bug that's slightly needed until the last reliance on the old DB is removed.
This isn't the end of the world with the standard page sizes, it results in an empty page or two at the end... That search script chokes a little if you muck with the query string, yes.
SQL Result wrote:
Showing rows 0 - 18 (19 total, Query took 0.0017 sec)


The curious coincidence is just that.

If you're curious, weave ID's that do not show for varying reasons are:
165, 213, 218, 224, 229, 230, 301, 331, 332, 437, 446, 818, 882, 890, 891, 893, 1049, 1050, 1164.



Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 589
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:11 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
Another bug report!

Weave library contains 19 NULL entries at the end of the library.

Weave Zystolic Sheet, at page 1325/1344 is the last weave in the library. Page 1326 are just empty, while all ?page=XXXX from 1345 or above returns page 1. The behaviour is the same for all search sizes.

Curious Coincidence: Taniyama, the latest submitted weave has ?key=1345.
CC2: There are 20/21 queued submissions; eerily close to 19.

Or Perhaps I can't count. Razz


Yes, but no.
They're not NULL, and they're not at the end of the library.

The search counter includes 19 "do not show" weaves when it returns page count. That's a bug that's slightly needed until the last reliance on the old DB is removed.
This isn't the end of the world with the standard page sizes, it results in an empty page or two at the end... That search script chokes a little if you muck with the query string, yes.
SQL Result wrote:
Showing rows 0 - 18 (19 total, Query took 0.0017 sec)


The curious coincidence is just that.

If you're curious, weave ID's that do not show for varying reasons are:
165, 213, 218, 224, 229, 230, 301, 331, 332, 437, 446, 818, 882, 890, 891, 893, 1049, 1050, 1164.


Sorry for calling them NULL, but the pages appear to contain NULL entries. Razz

Why is it slightly needed? The removal of the relience is on the purgatorial TO-DO, right? Razz

Chokes a little? I did not "muck" until I found the problem, which was easier to investigate changing a 10 to a 1. Razz

So, Why are those 18 not included?


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 3057
Submissions: 20
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
Why is it slightly needed? The removal of the relience is on the purgatorial TO-DO, right? Razz


The same Function is called from several places to return a layout and pagination. Some places could index that specific database column, some could not. There is (I believe) one final script that would currently choke, were I to index that column. Once it no longer cares, the column can be indexed, and the count will be correct.

Karpeth wrote:
So, Why are those 18 not included?


Duplicate entries, mostly, I seem to recall.



Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT. The time now is Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:16 pm
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help
Display posts from previous: