Submission licensing clarification Wanted
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:24 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
lorraine wrote:
See, that's the great thing about Creative Commons Licensing. It isn't saying "take all my stuff and post it wherever you want. I don't care." It is specific to the Intellectual Property (IP) it is linked to.

I'm all for making things available to the masses if I choose to. But it has to be my decision, because I'm the copyright holder. NOT the decision of the masses. I (anyone) should be able to choose not to make my IP copyleft. I guess that makes me copymiddle? Razz

You are aware that there are a couple flavors for CC licenses, right?
The one lorenzo has on the flower images states that anyone can take it, use it, modify it, re-share it, and sell it - whatever... as long as they give him some [non-hidden] form of attribution.
There are other ones for adding more/less restrictions.

Yep, I'm aware of that. I have read Creative Commons Licensing. I don't have it memorized, and I am not an expert. But yes, I am aware.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Karpeth wrote:
MW. Please. Tone the hate down.

I don't see any "hate" in his post, and I often find myself confused why so many here routinely attack MW or accuse him of being hateful and worse.

I liked his post and agreed with most of it. If I post images here, they are whomever to use as they wish. I don't even care about receiving credit. Images I don't want to be used elsewhere, I don't post online.

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Karpeth wrote:

I usually try not to insult people, but can you even read? Everyone in this topic is pro copyleft. We were all saying the same thing; legally, the content is IP. All opinions in this topic were "that's bad." You are far from alone.

I appreciate to hear that you are in the same camp, but please stop trying to be a martyr or a revolutionary.

The problem is, you haven't even touches the subject of CC. I asked a simple question, and you misrepresent the opinion of others while disregarding the question in a Wall of Text.

MW. Please. Tone the hate down.

K.... There is one thing we can say regarding the gentleman. He is in the right place; with over 300 submissions under his belt. I wonder after the sense of so easily dismissing the views of such a man.

Getting back on point. I feel that Daemon_Lotos has presented a compelling case for minor updates but no pressing need to greatly alter the status quo. I back his views on the matter entirely.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Reform, Clym, noone is dismissing his views.

This topic is consisting of full agreement Over the copyright issue. The problem here is that MW completly ignored everyone and described a nonexisting situation were people were of a different opinion.

The "hate" I spoke of is the desinformation and lies, combined with the statement that "his ramblings are unliked"; if you only skim the topic you see no problem and MW looks like a martyr.

The problem is that the situation is the same. Always.

Anyways, his pictures are awesome, and I'd like to see a library Where the quality of the pictures are at his level.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 pm

You are being less than gentlemanly however. I think we can do better don't you?

And again getting back on point. I don't see anything that really needs doing above and beyond DL's fixes.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Well, I have stopped Being nice regarding MW.

I hope I don't insult or offend you, personally, though. Smile

Well, that depends on how far DLs fixed are implemented. Razz

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:07 am

Karpeth wrote:
Well, I have stopped Being nice regarding MW.

I hope I don't insult or offend you, personally, though. Smile

Well, that depends on how far DLs fixed are implemented. Razz

Please don't stop being nice, regarding anyone.

Insults are not okay. "Jane, you are an ignorant slut. (Look up old episodes of SNL if you don't know what that means.) is not okay. Disagreements are fine (preferably with alternative suggestions) as long as they don't get personal. If you write what you think, then you are being honest. If the receiver chooses to be offended, you have no control over that. And very little chance of having a reasonable conversation with them. I'm not saying you have been insulting or offensive. I'm simply commenting on the words used.

DL will do what he can do, in the time he can do it. Pressure to do more isn't particularly constructive. We can all add to his list. However, that doesn't mean it will make it to the top of his list in our lifetime. Razz

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2