Help- need tutorials
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Help- need tutorials
Posted on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I need some help please. I am trying to start a training school for unemployed youth in South Africa, we will start in Durban and branch out from there. This is going to be a skills development program to help them start small businesses etc as it is the only way the majority of our youth will gain employment (65% of the young adults are unemployed).

What I need to know is where can I get step by step tutorials for different pieces of jewelry. I dont have a large budget to buy the tutorials and supplies. We will sell the items the students make via a website which we are still setting up and at various fleamarkets, fares etc. The students will get the profits from the sale of their items.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debbie

Submissions: 22

Posted on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello and welcome.

You can take a look at the articles here.
There are not much about jewelery in particular, but the beginner's articles are a good start.

A simple way to make jewelery is to make a ~40cm chain and add a clasp, et voilĂ  you get a necklace.

You'll find plenty of weave tutorials here.
They are (c) their authors, so you may need to contact each author to print and distribute them. But viewing and using them online is free.

The Ring Lords sells some tutorials, I think they also provide some for free.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1