BBCode for Gallery Posts
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 28

BBCode for Gallery Posts
Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 5:25 pm || Last edited by Evilroboknee on Mon May 25, 2015 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am familiar how to use the BBcodes, but I was wondering if there is an approved list of the proper codes to use. I tried submitting a picture, but when I wanted to tag for a Japanese weave the BBCode of "[weave=Japanese]" didn't work.

Also, I didn't see how I could tag for the types of things that I made, I.E. braclets, rings, neclaces

Also, I didn't see how to tag for the location they'd be worn, I.E. hand, wrist, ear.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Submissions: 24

Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 pm

I believe the only BBcode that you can use for gallery images are
Code:
[weave=ExactNameOfWeave]

and
Code:
[ar=Number]

The name of the weave for that tag must be identical with spaces, capitalization, and punctuation to how it appears in the library. (It is also possible that BBcode is disabled for gallery submissions, but I seem to recall using the AR tags during my last submission.

The other tagging is done by the gallery admins (and theyll correct me if I'm wrong).

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks!

When I used the preview the Euro 4 in1 tag worked, but the Japanese didn't, I'll have to try and see which way the tag needs to work.

I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue May 26, 2015 3:06 am

Here is the link for using BBCode in submissions: BBCode Help. The link is on all submissions pages also. When submitting a picture to the gallery, all you need to do is name the weave in your description. When the picture is approved, an admin will tag it with that weave. [weave=Name of Weave] will work as long as the weave name is spelled and capitalized exactly as it appears in the weave library. For instance, Japanese 3 in 1 will work but [weave=Japanese3-1] will not work. Byzantine will work. [weave=byzantine] will not work.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm

lorraine wrote:
Here is the link for using BBCode in submissions: BBCode Help. The link is on all submissions pages also. When submitting a picture to the gallery, all you need to do is name the weave in your description. When the picture is approved, an admin will tag it with that weave. [weave=Name of Weave] will work as long as the weave name is spelled and capitalized exactly as it appears in the weave library. For instance, Japanese 3 in 1 will work but [weave=Japanese3-1] will not work. Byzantine will work. [weave=byzantine] will not work.

Thank you very much. Is there a list of exact codes to use? I see links to "Japanese" weaves, but I can't get the code right for just "Japanese". I use Japanese Crosses in my stuff and I don't know how to do a link for that.

Submissions: 61

Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Evilroboknee wrote:
Thank you very much. Is there a list of exact codes to use? I see links to "Japanese" weaves, but I can't get the code right for just "Japanese". I use Japanese Crosses in my stuff and I don't know how to do a link for that.

Search the weaves database to find the exact weave name to link to.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Thank you everyone!!!

Submissions: 106

Posted on Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 am

Evilroboknee wrote:
lorraine wrote:

The exact name of a weave will work in BBCode. The weave family tags will only work if an admin adds them. Smile

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1