BBCode for Gallery Posts
View previous topic | View next topic >
Post new topic Reply to topic
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion
   
Author Message

Joined: January 30, 2015
Posts: 45
Submissions: 28
Location: Levittown, PA

BBCode for Gallery Posts
Reply with quote
Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 5:25 pm || Last edited by Evilroboknee on Mon May 25, 2015 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am familiar how to use the BBcodes, but I was wondering if there is an approved list of the proper codes to use. I tried submitting a picture, but when I wanted to tag for a Japanese weave the BBCode of "[weave=Japanese]" didn't work.

Also, I didn't see how I could tag for the types of things that I made, I.E. braclets, rings, neclaces

Also, I didn't see how to tag for the location they'd be worn, I.E. hand, wrist, ear.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.


I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joined: August 05, 2010
Posts: 495
Submissions: 24
Location: Bar Harbor, ME, USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I believe the only BBcode that you can use for gallery images are
Code:
[weave=ExactNameOfWeave]

and
Code:
[ar=Number]

The name of the weave for that tag must be identical with spaces, capitalization, and punctuation to how it appears in the library. (It is also possible that BBcode is disabled for gallery submissions, but I seem to recall using the AR tags during my last submission.

The other tagging is done by the gallery admins (and theyll correct me if I'm wrong).


while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Joined: January 30, 2015
Posts: 45
Submissions: 28
Location: Levittown, PA

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Thanks!

When I used the preview the Euro 4 in1 tag worked, but the Japanese didn't, I'll have to try and see which way the tag needs to work.


I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joined: December 22, 2007
Posts: 4602
Submissions: 106
Location: Hampton, Virginia USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue May 26, 2015 3:06 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Here is the link for using BBCode in submissions: BBCode Help. The link is on all submissions pages also. When submitting a picture to the gallery, all you need to do is name the weave in your description. When the picture is approved, an admin will tag it with that weave. [weave=Name of Weave] will work as long as the weave name is spelled and capitalized exactly as it appears in the weave library. For instance, Japanese 3 in 1 will work but [weave=Japanese3-1] will not work. Byzantine will work. [weave=byzantine] will not work.


"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Joined: January 30, 2015
Posts: 45
Submissions: 28
Location: Levittown, PA

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

lorraine wrote:
Here is the link for using BBCode in submissions: BBCode Help. The link is on all submissions pages also. When submitting a picture to the gallery, all you need to do is name the weave in your description. When the picture is approved, an admin will tag it with that weave. [weave=Name of Weave] will work as long as the weave name is spelled and capitalized exactly as it appears in the weave library. For instance, Japanese 3 in 1 will work but [weave=Japanese3-1] will not work. Byzantine will work. [weave=byzantine] will not work.


Thank you very much. Is there a list of exact codes to use? I see links to "Japanese" weaves, but I can't get the code right for just "Japanese". I use Japanese Crosses in my stuff and I don't know how to do a link for that.


I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joined: February 8, 2013
Posts: 728
Submissions: 61
Location: Australia

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 3:43 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Evilroboknee wrote:
Thank you very much. Is there a list of exact codes to use? I see links to "Japanese" weaves, but I can't get the code right for just "Japanese". I use Japanese Crosses in my stuff and I don't know how to do a link for that.


Search the weaves database to find the exact weave name to link to.


Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Joined: January 30, 2015
Posts: 45
Submissions: 28
Location: Levittown, PA

Reply with quote
Posted on Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Thank you everyone!!!


I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joined: December 22, 2007
Posts: 4602
Submissions: 106
Location: Hampton, Virginia USA

Reply with quote
Posted on Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Evilroboknee wrote:
lorraine wrote:
Here is the link for using BBCode in submissions: BBCode Help. The link is on all submissions pages also. When submitting a picture to the gallery, all you need to do is name the weave in your description. When the picture is approved, an admin will tag it with that weave. [weave=Name of Weave] will work as long as the weave name is spelled and capitalized exactly as it appears in the weave library. For instance, Japanese 3 in 1 will work but [weave=Japanese3-1] will not work. Byzantine will work. [weave=byzantine] will not work.


Thank you very much. Is there a list of exact codes to use? I see links to "Japanese" weaves, but I can't get the code right for just "Japanese". I use Japanese Crosses in my stuff and I don't know how to do a link for that.

The exact name of a weave will work in BBCode. The weave family tags will only work if an admin adds them. Smile


"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT. The time now is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 am
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion
Display posts from previous: