business opportunity
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 378

business opportunity
Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:18 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

please move or delete if inappropriate here.

i have a great business opportunity for anyone looking to do chainmaille full time. i found a place near my new home in yucaipa, california that is looking for new businesses to open shop in the area. normally a shop is too cost prohibitive. the location is in the mountains and is called "oak glen." it's a bit of a touristy area that gets a lot of kids, bikers, and all kinds. the shop is in a nook off the main road where lots of people stop to explore shops and eat. the place is open year round and has wonderful weather. the landlord is very flexible. the shop is only required to be open on the weekends. she suggests that shops be open more, but it is up to the people running the business. the rent is $400 per month (awesome!) and i'm looking to open shop with 1 or 2 more chainmaillers to split the business costs. you don't have to live in the area, but you would have to move here if you're interested. it would be possible for someone who lives out of state to pick up and move nearby for this business opportunity. i'm looking to share the cost of rent - $200 each - split. renters must sign a 1 year lease. potentially, other business owners make about $1000 per month in the off season (winter) and up to $4000 per month in the busy season (summer). it is a risk, like any business opportunity. but what could be better, making chainmaille for a living. the main reason i want to share this opportunity with another chainmailler is because i can't work weekends. i need someone to commit to doing weekends while i work the weeks. my wife works weeks and i would like to be home with her when she is home. as many of you know, i've already put in my time working weekend shows and i have 8 years experience running a full time chainmaille business. i'm looking for experienced chainmaillers that have good knowledge of weaves and are self motivated to do chainmaille full time and talk to customers about our wonderful art. it's possible to rent a room in a house nearby for about $400-$500 per month. renting your own apartment or house would cost about $1200 per month in this area. it is also possible to do chainmaille part time (only weekends) and hold another job, but i think that would be a stressful for most. please contact me via pm if you are interested or have any questions. i can get pictures of the place soon. it reminds me of ren fair, but a full time ren fair where you don't have to dress like you're from the 1600's.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:57 am

That is an amazing opportunity. Especially for a young Mailler with dews family kinda ties!

If only I was married, in Canada, with 3 kids LOL!

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:57 am

Whoops FEW family ties.

Submissions: 11

interested, very
Posted on Thu May 07, 2015 3:46 am

hey there,
I'm in Clovis, CA, not sure how close that is to you, but right now I am looking to go into mailling fulltime. I'm attempting some here in Clovis/Fresno but would love to expand and or even change scenery soon, believe it or not Fresno is not the wonderland people say it is Wink

anyways, really cool opportunity and beyond whether or not I'm involved I wish you well and good luck sir

Happy Mailling

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Unfortunately I'm halfway across the planet. Still I wish you the best of luck with this!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1