Candle Skirts
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:32 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Okay so the first one failed (my fault). I tried to make it with the scales flipped and after doing step 8 it becomes too tight and won't fit the tea light.

So when buying scales make sure the under side is what you want. I tried to make it work showing the domed side of the scale but it won't work (at least not without changes).

I'll try this again and hopefully have success when I do it the right way.

pa

Submissions: 0

Wow
Posted on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:12 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

So something weird is going on.

I tried using the tutorial with TRL saw cut 16g 1/4 inch Anodized Al rings (supposed AR of 4.1) and the thing gets too tight for a tea light at step 10. I also have to flip it over to use it. It will not work at all in the orientation shown in the tutorial.

The previous attempt I made flipping the scales will work if I flip it over. Honestly I think that version might make nice napkin ring if you live in a world that uses napkin rings (a wedding maybe?).

I will resize, upload, and post pictures later when I get more time. I'm still trying to figure out why the larger AR is making it tigher instead of looser. Part of me wants to play with the number of scales but I'm not sure how much time I want to burn on this . . .

pa

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2