People are annoying...
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 3

People are annoying...
Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:35 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Here I sit in my economics class, waiting for the bell to ring. I have a moderate headache from the people making stupid noises and being annoying in general. Is it me, or is this generation exceptionally annoying? Anyone old enough to say "back in the day" what do you think?

These are fleeting moments within we live.
In tomorrow I die.
Unto today I live forever.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 pm

what's this generation? nineties babies? could be you are just showing your age, i remember being much more annoying when i was younger too. i think annoyance is universal though. anytime you get a large enough group together there are bound to be people who don't get along.

Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Well, I'll elaborate. I'm 18, a senior in high school. One guy was making sheep sounds, several were talking extremely loudly (about what I'm not sure) and another compared me to a fish... A mullet, on account of my long hair. And they laugh at everything. I told the sheep guy to shut up rather plainly, and the room broke into laughter... I think I just got unlucky in class placement.

In tomorrow I die.

Submissions: 39

Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Sounds to me like your class has your number. Good luck I am glad I am out of HS and am now just stuck in 5th Grade. (I teach beginning band Coif Cool Smiley )

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 100

Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:01 pm

when i was in grade 12 english 10 some odd years ago i remember being in a class like that. i told my counseler about it and they gave me the credits for taking a class that was marked 100% on attendance and how quietly you could sleep on a desk, my understanding of grammar may have suffered however,,

but ya i feel for you..people should really have grown up by 18

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 am

Sounds pretty normal for high school senior classes, especially required ones because the kids don't want to be there and will do pretty much anything to distract themselves from their reality. Its been my experience that the more you gravitate to classes and life situations where the people are there because they enjoy the topic and therefore want to be there, the more you get away from the juvenile behavior. College was probably the most fun because I didn't have as many responsibilities, but work hasn't been too shabby either.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:31 am

In my experience, each generation is precisely as 'particularly annoying' (or whatever other derogatory descriptor) as the one that came before. They do tend to ever-so-slightly modify the methods of that annoyance, but with very little change in the scope or magnitude.

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 pm

I suppose that this specific class has those people that create a constructive interference, generating a wall of "shut the (insert expletive here) up!"

In tomorrow I die.

Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:27 pm

To be fair, I'm at university in the UK and it's almost as bed even then! People are paying 9 grand a year to study a subject they are supposed to be passionate about; yet most of their time is spent making silly noises!!!

Into my heart an air that kills

Posted on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Are you sure it isn't their parents paying 9 grand a year for them to study something they find moderately interesting?

I suppose maillers might just be quiet people, going with our methodical and detail oriented nature...

In tomorrow I die.

Posted on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Dunno, to be fair most of them just get loans? My parents have no money - but then again, I'm not daft!

Into my heart an air that kills

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:52 pm

They're probably just stupid. I was born in 86, so I'm a 90's kid. We actually were more down to earth, even if we did have liquid television.

We had Surge, so I'm fine with that.

As for these kids, don't mind them. Just realize they'll never be as cool as you are with your long hair and your chainmaille and your Dio...

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Hehe, my hair is past my shoulder blades, and I listen to Dio in class all the time... Coif Cool Smiley

but it's NOT a mullet! it goes all the way around!

In tomorrow I die.

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Yeah, forget them. lol@ "it goes all the way around" XD

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I remember being in my college economics class as a freshman. Everyone acted like they were still in friggin high school. There was a total nerd who was into the same stuff I was, so I wanted to hang out. Now keep in mind this is before I ever considered dating anyone of the same gender or even admitted my preferences to myself.
Some jackass piped up "why dont you get his number first". It was then I knew Econ classes have that tendency about them: bunch of Melvins in the back, lol.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1