Need help with Candy Cane Cord
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

Need help with Candy Cane Cord
Posted on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am attempting the Candy Cane Cord weave and keep running into the same problem. When I place the weave down to grab/insert/close a new ring, I lose the shape and can't figure out how to get it back the way I had it. I am using BA rings so I can't use colors to help identify the rings I used last. Does anyone have any advice?

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:05 pm

my first thought is that the rings are a bit too big if the weave is losing shape. what's the AR?
next I would say try a sharpie if you think colored rings will help. it should wash off.
lastly, the step that always get me is the one that goes through only two rings. it's important to be sure the new ring is perpendicular to the one below the two you are going through.
hope this makes sense and helps.

Ask me about custom engraving.
Maille infused pens

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:08 pm

I am using 18ga(swg) 7/32" rings with an AR of 4.7. This should be ideal given the information from the weave library.

I don't get very far into the weave to be honest. So there are not enough rings to hold the chain together. Sharpy may work.

I know the hardest part of weaving is getting started but this is just ridiculous.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

maybe if you hung the chain from the starting point you could build it down from that and gravity would keep the links from folding back and mixing up. you could also run a string through the middle to further clarify which link went on which side.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1