Looking for an easy tutorial on reverse half persian 3-1
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 0

Looking for an easy tutorial on reverse half persian 3-1
Posted on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi everyone, I'm new here and hope you can help me please.
I'm making a dragon and it's belly requires HP3-1 for one side of him and left handed or reversed HP3-1 for the other side of him.0 I've made the HP3-1 side but I'm having a problem finding a tutorial that shows how to do the reverse HP3-1 clearly.
I might add that I have recently had a stroke and this is kind of like therapy for me. I have slight concentration and memory issues so finding a very clear step by step tutorial is what I'm looking for.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction please.
Thanks,
Judi Smile

Submissions: 20

Re: Looking for an easy tutorial on reverse half persian 3-1
Posted on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Judi wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and hope you can help me please.
I'm making a dragon and it's belly requires HP3-1 for one side of him and left handed or reversed HP3-1 for the other side of him.0 I've made the HP3-1 side but I'm having a problem finding a tutorial that shows how to do the reverse HP3-1 clearly.
I might add that I have recently had a stroke and this is kind of like therapy for me. I have slight concentration and memory issues so finding a very clear step by step tutorial is what I'm looking for.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction please.
Thanks,
Judi Smile

If you're talking HP3in1 Sheet 6, it's dead easy.
take off a single row (not both sets of rings, just ONE) from the top or bottom of the piece, and add it instead to the opposite.

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 153

Posted on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

This a a fairly decent explanation with additional links that will help.
Good luck with the dragon.

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=505

Posted on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:48 am

Thank you so much!
Yay, I finally got it (but I'll definately be keeping a tail).
The pictures in the link you have me make a C shape not a S shape. Mine looks like the top of left picture and the bottom of the right picture making an S shape or backwards S shape. Just wondering why that is???

Submissions: 153

Posted on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Judi wrote:
Thank you so much!
Yay, I finally got it (but I'll definately be keeping a tail).
The pictures in the link you have me make a C shape not a S shape. Mine looks like the top of left picture and the bottom of the right picture making an S shape or backwards S shape. Just wondering why that is???

Took me second to catch on to what you meant. When you make HP 3-1 there are two natural sides to it. A broad side and a narrow side. A side where the rings converge and one where they flare. In the pictures it appears at first that we are looking from the flared side but because the creator uses rings with large enough AR for the examples it turns out we are looking at the converged side. It is just that the weave has relaxed enough as it hangs to simulate the way it would naturally lay. Something like turning a T-shirt inside out. At a glance it makes sense until you compare it to another one.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:21 pm

What you can also do is find a tutorial you like, save it to your HDD and flip every image.

I did that with Phong's HP4-1, HP3-1 and JPL tutorials, so I can start either of these normal or reverse without thinking about it Smile

FINALLY, ANOTHER HP DUMMY!
Posted on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm || Last edited by ShadowPoet117 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Good afternoon everyone,

As my subject stated, FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE WHO FOUND THE HP VERY HARD TO DO!

I barely got started in it because I have sorta broad fingers relative to their length and plus after a few seconds of trying to get the chain started the rings would all blend together WHILE the rings would fall apart.

There is one tutorial I found that solved my problem (I hope to test it out tonight)

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=407

Enjoy your newfound skill. . . I dunno what it is, full persian is super easy to me but half persian just blew my mind. Oh well, I am still relatively new at hardcore mailling.

UPDATE: I didn't get around to testing the HP, my wife and I just got really smashed and talked about our lives and our troubles while watching Liquid Television. Very cathartic but I forgot XD

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Submissions: 100

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:17 am

i wouldnt feel too alone poet, when i first tried to learn hp 4in1 i had to buy a bracelet as an example because the tutorial i was following only had a picture from directly over it and it made no sense to me.

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Fair enough, really. Right now my project is a full persian leash (20 ga, ~1/4 in dia) and I had to fight off a box chain just to get the starter right. When I tried to make the HP I felt myself slipping into Madness after a while so I just had to stop and think about something else (very hard to do) but I did: put it down, stood up, grabbed the Russian Potato Juice and took a long slow swig, clearing my head. May not do a body good, but helps the mind every now and again lol.

Don't mean to change topic, but while we're on the subject of ropelike chains, I'll be constructing a collar in the future and I want it to be usable.
I know the ring size mentioned above is a good fit for my full persian 4 in 1, but what are your recommendations for ring size and material?

I was thinking similarly sized titanium, Euro 6 or 8 in one. Thoughts?

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 am

you should probably make a new thread for that question it would get more attention. personally i wouldnt trust any butted maille for dog leash or collar, i had a small standard poodle break a 12swg stainless leash before. dogs are a lot stronger than you think.

Posted on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Good idea, however it will be used on a human, so yeah, I'd gladly start a new thread. Thanks!

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1