Will pay for help
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 2

Will pay for help
Posted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:50 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi all. Name's Dustin. I know I'm not super active on here. Had a lot going on the las couple years. Newayz, I've been working on a hauberk of euro 6in1 and I'm trying to get it finished well before nov1 this year because we are having our wedding at the Texas Renaissance Fair near Houston. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a 1ft x 1ft piece of 6in1 for me and ship it my way. I'm willing to pay of course. I'm using 17awg galvy (its all that was available when I started a year or so ago and I'll never use it again lol) and I can snap some photos of individual rings with a ruler so u can get a feel for the ID. If willing/able to help please reply here or email me at Dustin.ammerman2@yahoo.com with the price you would ask. I'm at work right now but I'll get the photos up this evening when I get home.

Posted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Also if it would be simpler I could make a bunch of rings and ship to people willing to weave them for me.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Sending you an email.

Submissions: 32

Posted on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Lost my @10chon at "newayz".

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:25 pm

What ring size are you using? 17 gauge AWG with an ID of ???
Are these hand cut with wire snips, or saw cut.

Posted on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am

Sorry its 16awg and the id is approx. 1/4 inch... maybe just slightly larger after spring back. And I'm using a ringinator ez to cut the rings but when I started on the shirt I was winding the rings by hand around a screwdriver and clipping them by hand. I'm not trying to make it perfect as its my first large piece and I already messed it up by using galvy lol. I just got another half mile of wire so if ne1 wants to help out and weave some of it for me materials are not hard to come by I can ship rings or coils as necessary.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Email sent

Posted on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:40 am

OK so, after many months and much ado I have finished my vest. It was going to be a full hauberk but time and weight have changed it to a vest.

This was all made possible by the help I got from here.
With all the overtime i have been working to pay for the wedding, and everything else going on in day to day life, it was amazing that people could help me out all thanks to this site.

I must however give a special shoutout to Losthelm!
He was able to complete ~5.5-6 square feet of euro 6 in 1 for me in record time after making a mistake and doing ~5 square feet of 4 in 1.
Not only was it record speed but each and every single ring were PERFECTLY aligned and closed (not easy to do with 16ga galvy) and without a scratch on them. I am forced to admit that the rest of the vest just doesn't hold a candle to the pieces made by Losthelm.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1