*Entries for Contest 22 - Weaves Without Gallery Submissions
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 22

Posted on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:34 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Sorry, but I'm showing off here - this is a new weave I came up with that was recently approved on this site. Since it's new, it doesn't have a gallery image, so it fits this contest.
This is my Rainbow Gryphon bracelet. The large rings are anodised aluminium, 7.94mm ID with 1.6mm wire diameter, and the small rings are bright aluminium, 5mm ID with 1.2mm wire diameter.

Rainbow Gryphon by Artefacts, on Flickr

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 61

Posted on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:30 am

Oooh, that is pretty, Artefacts!

Would you care to give us the ring stats?

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 am || Last edited by Artefacts on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 am; edited 3 times in total

Sorry! Forgot that bit. The large rings are anodised aluminium, 7.94mm ID with 1.6mm wire diameter, and the small rings are bright aluminium, 5mm ID with 1.2mm wire diameter.
Thanks!

Edit: Just noticed I did give the rings stats in the paragraph above the image Smile

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 0

Weaves W/O gallery submissions
Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 am

So this is a dumb question to bargain with. So how do we go a out finding weaves W/O submissions and not go through all of them?

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 am

There is thread listing them:
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=18152
However, it may lacks the newest waves:
http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavelist.php?tags=New

Edit: Oh! And the weaves' home page have an option "Show Only Weaves with NO Gallery Images":
http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/

Submissions: 20

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Shirluban wrote:
Oh! And the weaves' home page have an option "Show Only Weaves with NO Gallery Images":
http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/

Indeed!

So you can go "Oh, I like European Chain Weaves... I wonder how many of them have no gallery images" *POP*

(Eventually, after this contest, that checkbox will become "Show Only Weaves WITH Gallery Images")

Submissions: 61

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
(Eventually, after this contest, that checkbox will become "Show Only Weaves WITH Gallery Images")

Could we please have both? I can see why one would want to see only weaves with gallery images, but I would still like to be able to search for the weaves WITHOUT gallery images, because for me it's an ongoing thing to want to make weaves without gallery images, just to help things along.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:23 pm

kerravonsen wrote:
Daemon_Lotos wrote:

Could we please have both? I can see why one would want to see only weaves with gallery images, but I would still like to be able to search for the weaves WITHOUT gallery images, because for me it's an ongoing thing to want to make weaves without gallery images, just to help things along.

I agree - it would be good to be able to sort through to see what hasn't been done, to try it out - but only if there's a tute or I can work it out by looking at it!

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 50

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 pm

And I will third the request for both checkboxes if it is feasible.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 pm

ElementalDragon wrote:
And I will third the request for both checkboxes if it is feasible.

It's certainly feasible... I just wasn't anticipating it being a desired feature. Smile

Submissions: 568

Posted on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
It's certainly feasible... I just wasn't anticipating it being a desired feature. Smile

Yes please. Smile

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 13

Yet Another Entry...
Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Here's my next entry.

Seeing as this weave popped up only yesterday at about 10 minutes before I should've gone to bed, I just had to make something of it. Thanks to Chainmailbasket_com I now present you the [weave=Half Persian 4 in 1 Unbalanced] Bracelet in 1mm Iron Wire, with an AR of 7. While this took about 30 minutes instead of 10 I still think it was worth it!

Please note, at this AR the weave becomes so tight that I have to wear it the (for me) wrong side, whereas the thinner edge is on top. This is because it has no flex when it is worn opposite-ly, yet if you place it upside-down, it has great flexing capabilities.

Oh, but I forgot the images. Well here you go:

The 'wrong' way, full flex capabilities (can twist around itself):

The 'right' way, close to no flex (can hold it in the outer rings and the opposite end won't hang down much at all):

All Made in 1mm Iron Wire

The simple hook clasp is 0.8mm Stainless Steel.

"When in doubt... C4" - Jamie Hyneman

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/wpa09
My band: http://www.facebook.com/carnosus

"This is an art form, and we love to be recognized for our own work, and we'd all hope not to be confused with someone else."
- Charon, March 27, 2009

Submissions: 568

Posted on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Awesome work, WpA09.

It's funny how you have the sides labeled as right and wrong. I've seen other people refer to these configurations the same way you have (or with the terms top and bottom used instead), but ever since I first made HP3-1, I considered them the other way around. The first image in your post, to me, is the top of the weave.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:15 am

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Awesome work, WpA09.

It's funny how you have the sides labeled as right and wrong. I've seen other people refer to these configurations the same way you have (or with the terms top and bottom used instead), but ever since I first made HP3-1, I considered them the other way around. The first image in your post, to me, is the top of the weave.

I'm with you... Must be a Canuckia thing...

Submissions: 50

Posted on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:56 am

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Awesome work, WpA09.

I'm with you... Must be a Canuckia thing...

If it is, then I must be genetically Canadian, despite having lived my entire life here in the USA Smile. Odd and unbalanced HPs I always see as having a trapezoidal cross section, with the wide part as the bottom and the eyes as the top.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Jump to:  
Page 7 of 9. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next