*Entries for Contest 22 - Weaves Without Gallery Submissions
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 106

*Entries for Contest 22 - Weaves Without Gallery Submissions
Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:01 am || Last edited by lorraine on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

It's time to start making entries for Theme Contest 22 - Weaves Without Gallery Submissions. Entries will be accepted for 12 weeks, from now until Monday October 7, 2013. Submit your entries in this thread. Please be sure to read and follow the rules of the contest listed below. (Seriously, read them, follow them! If you have questions, just ask.) Also, as always, don't put any pictures in here that aren't actual submissions, as I will forced to perform plastic surgery on you with a pair of rusty pliers and then stitch you up with galvy rings if you do! Very Happy (It's just really confusing to sort them out and creates extra work.) If you plan on entering the contest, let me know in here with an "I'm in". Okay! Ready, Set, Go make something Weaves Without Gallery Submissions!

The idea behind having Weaves Without Gallery Submissions as the theme is so that we can add gallery submissions to weaves without them! Razz So for this contest, when you submit your entry, please take a few minutes to also enter your picture as a gallery submission. It is important that you follow the sizing rules for you entries so that they can also be submitted as gallery pictures. If you have any questions or problems with submitting something to the gallery, feel free to ask for help! Thank you!
Gallery Submission Guidelines

1. Entries must be previously unsubmitted work. Entries must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time frame of the contest. The remaining 1/3 can be any maille previously woven or any non-maille. Maille consists of any rings, metal or otherwise, or ring substitutes like scales or pop tabs. Non-maille consists of things like beads or wire wraps.

2. You can submit as many entries as you like.

3. Pictures and descriptions of the entry must be submitted to the contest submission thread before the deadline, by hosting the pictures offsite. (In other words, you need to use an image hosting site to place your picture in the entry thread. They are free to use, you just have to register with them to create an account. Some examples of image hosting sites are TinyPic, Photobucket, Flickr, and ImageShack.) Pictures must be a MAXIMUM of 100KB and a MAXIMUM of 800px per side.

4. The submission period for entries generally lasts 12 weeks. After the deadline for contest entries, the contest organizer will create a voting thread with all the entries, to be voted on by the membership. The entire membership may vote, each member having one vote. Polls usually last one week before the winner is declared.

5. The winner of the contest will receive a colored shield by their avatar with a number corresponding to the contest they won. The winner will also be granted automatic inclusion of their suggestion on the list of themes for the next contest.

6. The contest organizer may invalidate any entry. If you have concerns about your or any other entry, please contact the contest organizer with a PM. If the contest organizer deems it necessary, a new thread for public discussion will be opened.

Contest Rules Discussion Thread
Theme Contest Archives

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 am

For now, you can browse through the weaves and look for ones without gallery submissions. Daemon_Lotos will post a list of those weaves as soon as he can in this thread. Thank you!

Lorraine

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 13

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am

This will be a fun topic!

"When in doubt... C4" - Jamie Hyneman

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/wpa09
My band: http://www.facebook.com/carnosus

"This is an art form, and we love to be recognized for our own work, and we'd all hope not to be confused with someone else."
- Charon, March 27, 2009

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 am

yahhh im in, do we have to say what weave we are going to make now?

Submissions: 61

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:32 am

I'm in!

I don't think one has to say what weave one is doing any more than one had to say in advance what one was doing for any other competition.
I don't think it will matter if two people happen to do the same weave; that will just be more examples for the gallery, hmmm?

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Very Happy thanks kerravonsen im going to do 1 that you mentioned the other day Wink

Submissions: 22

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm in, too. Looking forward to doing this. Now to start browsing.....

Submissions: 569

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm

I personally think that all entries into any contest should eventually end up being submitted to the gallery. This is usually done after the contest is over. Although this certainly doesn't always happen. I *really* want to see this happen with this contest, simply so that we end up with less weaves with no gallery samples (some might even get multiples, which is a bonus). But this won't happen unless the contest entrants also submit their stuff to the gallery.

Would it be ok to ask that entrants submit their pictures to the gallery as well when they put it in the contest thread? Even if it stayed in the queue until the end of the contest (we could flag them, so nobody accidentally pushes them through).. simply so that the weave(s) used don't immediately end up with a picture associated with them, making them appear to be no longer available for other contest entrants, which would seem unfair.

I suppose when DL gets us a list of available weaves for this contest, people can go by that. It will also help in case any m.a.i.l. member submits something to the gallery using a weave with no associated gallery images, and does this during the contest, even if they have no intention of entering. This is assuming we are using the criteria of "Weaves Without Gallery Submissions as of the start of the contest" (today), which seems to be the most logical.

Just my thoughts.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 28

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm

*quickly submits a test piece of all the weaves that have no gallery image*

Contest over.

Yeah - I agree with "as of the start of contest". Also, new weaves developed during the contest could also be included (obviously no gallery images linked to those!)

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm

There is no requirement to say beforehand what weave your contest entry will be.

Yes, the time-frame for "Weaves without gallery submissions" is the twelve weeks of the contest and includes new weaves during that period. Just remember, if the person who submits the weave enters the contest, they must follow the rules like everyone else. Your entry must be at least 2/3 maille woven within the time-frame of the contest.

I love the idea that when you enter the contest, you also take a few minutes to submit your entry to the gallery. Holding the gallery submissions of contest entries back until the end of the contest is no problem.

Thank you for all the input for the contest everyone. It's very helpful! Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 44

Posted on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 am

I'm in

Oh ya!

Always remember: A sucking chest wound is the Lord's way of telling you to slow down.

Submissions: 5

Posted on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:21 am

I'm in!

Posted on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm in. Now off to do some plotting!

Callie97

Every life needs 9 cats

Submissions: 2

Posted on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:48 pm