potential soldering article
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 100

potential soldering article
Posted on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 am || Last edited by djgm on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

So I was looking around and noticed there is space for an article on link fusing non ferrous metals, I saw the Loop in Loop chain article but noticed a few steps missing from the process. I am about to make a bracelet with thicker gauge wire and thought it would be an opportunity to take pictures. So I know how I do it. I use butane in one of those hobby torches, with an anti-oxidizing non-crystalizing flux and pickle in one of the more toxic solutions. I don't want to present the idea that there is only one way to do it but at the same time don't want to try and write about methods with which I'm unfamiliar.

what are your thoughts?

should I just write what i know or do some research and have a bash at listing alternatives in a foot note, if so what methods have worked well for others?

I'm also curious if anyone has such an article in the works or maybe I've missed an existing one??

Submissions: 106

Posted on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 am

I don't know anything about fusing or soldering. I have used a less toxic pickling solution. It's called Silver Prep and I bought it from Cool Tools.
http://www.cooltools.us/Silver-Prep-8-oz-jar-p/sol-101.htm
I use it in a tiny crock pot I bought from Target.

I make my own ball pins and ear wires. It has worked very well for me. But like I said... I know nothing about fusing or soldering.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:07 am

Thanx for pointing me there Lorrain, I was wondering who carried Blazzer products since that's what my torch is. After seeing the prices makes me wonder why i buy my stuff locally for twice the price.

Posted on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 am

So I wrote a short article with some tips about sheet solder but when I clicked away to upload jpgs there was no way to get back to submit. If i re write the article are the jpgs I uploaded still in memory somewhere?

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 am

djgm wrote:
So I wrote a short article with some tips about sheet solder but when I clicked away to upload jpgs there was no way to get back to submit. If i re write the article are the jpgs I uploaded still in memory somewhere?

The JPEG's stay there, and are tied to your userid until an article is approved.
The link for uploading is designed to open in a new tab/window depending on how your browser handles the
Code:
target="_new"

directive...

What browser are you using?

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Posted on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 am

I use crome I think at least that's the icon i click on my desktop,,didn't set up this computer, can you tell. I'm in charge of making a mess of things more then sorting them out. I'll just submit an article with the pic=filename.jpg in there and have faith.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 am

[pic=blahblahblah.jpg]? Razz

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1