Jump ring maker tool
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Jump ring maker tool
Posted on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:58 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi I was wondering what type of jump ring maker is the best to use? I have used the beadalon and cut them with many different wire cutters. I am not a fan if them. I have done a bit of research and found the pepe jump ring maker but I found out that not only do you have to buy that you also have to buy the thing that you attach the cutter to. Another I found was also the koil kutter but I do not believe it is available anymore. So if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful I would be so thankful. I do own a dremmel tool( not sure if is the correct one or not. I do not want to spend to much money on this seeing as how I do this mainly for fun. I may try to sell but I'm unsure if I will

Posted on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Well Met Fallnmemrys!

I swear by my Ringinator EZ! Works like a charm but is a bit expensive. I've been making maille for years with premade rings and only in the last year have gotten into cutting my own on a larger scale.

There are lots of homebrew methods around including many on this forum (I'm at work and can't quickly link you to them).

Just my $0.02

Posted on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank You. Unfortunately that is out of my price range. I'm willing to spend around $150ish. prefer to spend less. Maybe when i become rich and famous i can afford it. lol If you can please post the links of these other homebrew methods when you get a chance. I would appreciate it. In the meantime i will try to figure out how to find them. Thanks again.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Actually, the Koil Kutter is available. http://www.potterusa.com/index.php?id_category=26&controller=category

I bought mine almost 2 years ago. It looks like it is made much better now.

Wait, I can sell you mine, much cheaper! Smile

Posted on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Does Yours still work pretty good? The reason is because you said it is made better now so i'm not sure what that means. If so how much were you thinking and also where would it be shipping from. I live in Oklahoma and i think you do too!! We could meet up? so we could save on shipping. I will send you a pm.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am

I'm using a Pepe / Flexishaft combination, which I purchased from Contenti for under $200. It's invaluable to me, particulary when I need to make 400-500 rings in an evening.

You can see a picture of the set-up, plus some advice on using it, on this chainmaille resources page:
http://chainofbeauty.wordpress.com/chainmaille-resources/

Hope this helps!

Combining art and technique

Posted on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 pm

I am looking for the 'cap and screw' that goes on the end of Koil Kutter that holds the blade. Took mine apart a few months ago and lost it. If anyone can help, please email me or PM me. I have a ton of wire and coils but NO way to cut!!!
Cutters

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1