M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 100

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

it's a fun idea, I'll give you that..

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

@Dinwar: I too have a B.S. in Physics, so unit conversions are normal for me. I barely even consider a couple powers of 10 to be a conversion. (try meters/second to furlongs/microfortnight Very Happy )

I thought about perhaps a Sonic © of links, and while it could be fun to have the copyright symbol in a unit's abbreviation... S©....I think hh is easier.

-Lucidish

Closing rings since 2013-07-27

A jack of all trades, master of none, often times better than a master of one.

Maille Code V2.0 T4.2 R4.1 En.o Fper MFe.s W$ C$ G0.8-2.0 I3.2-9.5 N8.8 Pjt Djt X0 S13 Hn

Posted on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:46 am

I think the hh unit is a great idea! I'd like to also suggest a 16 quantity base, as the SEGA Genesis is a 16-bit system. Besides, 10s are a boring base--we may as well try to use a interesting number base. Plus, it's sorta hexadecimal friendly! That and using metric prefixes would be fun. Only problem is one pico-Hedgehog would then be far less than one entire ring.

Then in the new "Hedgehog Friendly" Maille Code you'd say you've assembled XX.YY Kilo-Hedgehogs of rings.

Of course, we could use 42 as one Hedgehog since 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything...

- Z.

Posted on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00 am

Quote:
That and using metric prefixes would be fun. Only problem is one pico-Hedgehog would then be far less than one entire ring.

This would be the perfect way to measure some of Zili's creations! Coif LoL

Quote:
I think the hh unit is a great idea! I'd like to also suggest a 16 quantity base, as the SEGA Genesis is a 16-bit system.
Would a Mario be 8 links, then? Very Happy

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2